Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mitigation vs Stamnia

Bad logic.

More health means less overheals and more health that saves your bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbringerau View Post
    Stam stacking = more heals
    More heals more mana from healers
    healers with no mana equals no heals
    no heals equals dead
    and let me guess a tank get no heals blame healer
    simple
    you want to survive a boss fight you don't have to stack stam you get saved by heals and your dps (of course).
    You make the assumption that healers have no mana regen. Between regen talents, replishment, BoW, etc. Healers are overly mana efficient in their current state and can just sit there and spam their big ass heal all day without running out of mana. It's how tanks can take 100k damage in 5 seconds and still live, oh and btw bosses do that.

I'm not going to go into any more depth than this less it turns into a avoidance vs. EH argument. If you would like to take it to PMs I will gladly explain it to you in more detail.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

no heals equals dead
    simple
    you want to survive a boss fight you don't have to stack stam you get saved by heals and your dps (of course).
    Only time I see healers OOM is gearing healers in Heroics. Have yet to see a guild healer go OOM in ToC/ToGC/ICC (though Professor)

no heals equals dead
    simple
    sup troll?
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

no heals equals dead
    simple
    I don't see how this logic makes sense. I would be healing a tank with lower stam more often because they're at a higher risk of dying from high damage hits and you'd see more over healing done, thus more wasted mana. Stacking stam lets a tank survive more hits and take more damage without a heal creating a better safe zone. It's nice to assume that your healers are spamming heals nonstop over the entire boss fight but sometimes the timing of incoming heals is off or 1-2 healers landed a heal just before you took a big hit. There's also times when healers have to move for whatever reason due to boss mechanics which leaves the tank at a higher risk.
    Last edited by bling581; 04-09-2010 at 10:32 AM.

If a healer runs out of mana in ICC they either aren't geared for it or the DPS aren't downing the bosses fast enough.
    Stam stacking is win.

Icecrown is all about effective health."how many times in a row can boss hit me before i die?" this is mainly because of the -20 dodge reduction, also because almost every single fight has damage you cant even avoid.at all. so stam is king, it makes your healers happy because its a huge cushion for them to wind up a big heal when needed

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatar View Post
    sup troll?
    I'm gonna go with this.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I'm gonna go with this.
    Whoa whoa whoa. The guild leader is allowed to think whatever he wants.

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....u&gn=Absolutum
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

ICC Lich King fight, phase3. 3 healer (disc priest, holy priest, resto druid) party, one is dead, second one is inside Frostmourne. Vile spirits just started their divebombing the dps and the tank just ate the initial soulreaper. (Btw this was the case of our first LK kill )

Guess what's going to save the tank:
    a) more stamina
    b) more avoidance
    c) more healers (aka less dps) in the raid

Have the hybrid heal for a while.

Also healers will never go oom from single target healing. Anyone who doesn't keep stacking stam will just end up gimping the whole raid.

These threads have a very bad way of turning into an EH vs Mitigation argument that quickly turns into a closed thread.

I'm going to just state this once: Be careful on how you talk to other individuals. If you don't agree with their logic, don't start using WoW forum analogy to actually critique someone's position. Be logical, and be friendly and prove your facts. That's the best way these kinds of threads will stay open.

You have all been forewarned.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Since the OP's questions have been answered, I see no reason to tempt fate.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Closed Thread