+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pillars of might?

Pillars of might?

I'm really not sure where to go next, I could make the pillars of might but my def would take a big hit and I think in the end it wouldn't be beneficial. Where do I go from here? Just keep running ICC 10 and try to get into 25's?

http://www.armory-light.com/us/Ysera/Pmerkin/#

The only leg armour better than Pillars of Might is in heroic ICC25, from Heroic Marrowgar, or by getting Heroic upgraded tier 10 legs.

As you said, if you do you'll take a defense hit and probably drop under 540.

If you are running ICC25, you could be in with a chance to get the boots from heroic Valithria Dreamwalker. If you get those, you could upgrade yoru Upheavals to boots with defense, opening the door for the Pillars of Might.

Pillars of might are better than the 277 legs off of heroic marrowgar and the 277 t10 legs for surviving physical damage (the brunt of incoming tank damage), making them the best legs in the game for that purpose. They are a must for anyone serious about tanking in ICC, imo.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 04-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    Pillars of might are better than the 277 legs off of heroic marrowgar and the 277 t10 legs for surviving physical damage (the brunt of incoming tank damage), making them the best legs in the game for that purpose. They are a must for anyone serious about tanking in ICC, imo.

This. There are no better legs in the game. Get them and you will never need another leg slot drop (unless some bonus armor piece drops in ruby sanctum, but that patch isn't out yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

So let's say i go ahead and get them. Any advice on how to best reach 540 defense again?

well, you only need 536 defense to be crit immune if you wear the 30 stam/15 resil shoulder chant available for 10k honor.

if you still can't hit that, go with the +16 def cloak chant.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    well, you only need 536 defense to be crit immune if you wear the 30 stam/15 resil shoulder chant available for 10k honor.

if you still can't hit that, go with the +16 def cloak chant.
    Almost. Get armor on cloak and instead use def on shield.

Cheers!
    skaggi

You can also enchant your chest for +def if you are still needing some def. If you don't get the pillars you might want to look into re-gemming those pants as well.

I have a couple more questions, is crit immune 536 only if you have the 30stam/15 resil shoulder enchant? Otherwise it's 540. I don't think i have enough honor for that enchant.

So i played around with gemming to try and hit 540 http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21152921

when compared to my current gear http://www.wowhead.com/profile=us.ysera.pmerkin

it appears to me I drop in agility, hit and stamina but gain strength dodge and parry

Would you recommend this set up? Or suggest any changes when i get the pillars of might?

Thanks to all for the great advice!

My only problem with the Pillars is that i need to maintain expertise. I'm at 26 now. If i drop my t10 legs for them, i'll drop down to about 16 expertise. For a DK, this could have a severe negative impact on my threat.

You don't need expertise. It's nice, but it's not required. If you ARE having problems with threat, expertise won't help you, it means someone is doing something wrong, whether it's you, the DPS or whatever.

No, i'm not having problems with threat, for the most part. There are a few raid members i would like to smack occasionally, but nothing major. Of course, then we are looking at the problem of 8 saronite. That's a separate discussion.

8k gold, done. When I had mine made it was closer to 15k.

must be nice to be on a server with a normal economy. They are still up at about 2k on my server, which has the worst economy. ever.

If things are that expensive it should be cake getting the money together.

im not sure of the correlation...

I played with your wowhead build.

Enchant changes:
    +22 def to chest
    Res + Stam to shoulders -10k armor is super easy to farm up these days, you may have enough Stone keeper shards for it, 150 is all that you need.

Gems:
    All gems should be +30 to stam except
    Agi + Stam in chest red socket (for meta)
    +20 Res in feet yellow socket - I'm really not sure how the tanking community as a whole feels about gemming Res, but this will get over the uncrit cap and let you keep wearing your Pillars of Might.

Another option would be to save badges for the Cataclysmic Chestguard or get the chest off Lady Deathwhisper-10, It looks like your gear is going to have a hard time supporting two main pieces with no defense (chest and legs). The build I suggested above will not be able to use the Gargoyle Spit Bracers when you get them and at that point will require some more tooling with your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy165 View Post
    im not sure of the correlation...
    I can see that. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmerkin View Post
    I have a couple more questions, is crit immune 536 only if you have the 30stam/15 resil shoulder enchant? Otherwise it's 540. I don't think i have enough honor for that enchant.
    Do you have 150 stonekeeper's shards? If so you have enough honor. Buy the honor commendations (2k honor) for 30 stonekeepers in WG.

You will have ridiculous amounts of defense later on as you get geared up(580-600+), so don't worry about it. I am still going to use 277 marrow pants over pillars. If only because it hit caps me and it's free.

+ Reply to Thread