+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best 1H weapon enchant? (Warrior)

Best 1H weapon enchant? (Warrior)

Hi,
    Hope I'm not gonna get flamed; I had a search through the forums but couldn't find any definitive information on which I should pick.
    I just started raiding ICC and I'm way over the hit cap. I've got accuracy on my Rimefang's Claw so I figured I should swap it out for something offering more survivability and/or threat, rather than wasted hit rating.
    I'm currently torn between Blade Ward and Blood Draining. Has anyone crunched any numbers on which is best and for what purpose?
    Any other suggestions?
    Cheers.

Blood Draining is the best survival enchant. While it's not strictly EH, it's the closest you'll get from a weapon enchant.

As far as Blade Ward vs. Mongoose vs. +26 agility, I haven't done the requisite research in order to answer that fully (for a Warrior). I doubt it matters much though, none of the weapon enchants are all that stellar.

Well. I rawr'd mine from an "overall" setting and mongoose came out quite on top for me over Blood Draining and Blade Ward. While a Burning Crusade enchant this is still a great enchant for threat and even avoidance. Even though it is proc based.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

I've had Blood Draining save my ass too many times to even look at anything else.

Btw, i suggest you redo your search the forums. I remember quite a few posts about the subject, some of them including extensive testing and math.

I've had Blood Draining save my ass too many times to even look at anything else.

Btw, i suggest you redo your search the forums. I remember quite a few posts about the subject, some of them including extensive testing and math.

Blood Draining and Mongoose are the only two worth considering. Blade Ward is outright terrible and accuracy is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Mongoose. More threat, more dodge and more rage due to increased swingspeed.

Cheers!
    skaggi

Quote Originally Posted by Skaggi View Post
    Mongoose. More threat, more dodge and more rage due to increased swingspeed.

Cheers!
    skaggi
    Since most white swings are removed by heroic strike, that's incorrect. The haste is semi-good for threat but it's very small. You get less dodge and crit than any other class, no AP. The real gain is the 240 armor, which is alright, but a 2k smart heal when you need it is better.

What Dreador said 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
    Well. I rawr'd mine from an "overall" setting and mongoose came out quite on top for me over Blood Draining and Blade Ward. While a Burning Crusade enchant this is still a great enchant for threat and even avoidance. Even though it is proc based.
    Rawr is full of crap in this circumstance.

Blood draining > All.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I wen from using Mongoose to Blood Draining then back to Mongoose which is what I am currently using.

These are definitely the best 2 weapon enchants available for warrior tanks currently. There are arguments for both as they cannot be directly compared. Mongoose uptime is very good so it provides you with a fairly consistent benefit to threat and avoidance, blood draining is situational, providing a heal when you dip below 35% health.

Personally I find I have that I have enough, 'dig myself out of a hole' utility abilities, (shield wall, last stand, skeleton key, enraged regeneration), that the benefits from blood draining are minimal. I accept that there are probably occasions where it could have saved a wipe for my raid, but not often enough, in my opinion, to outweigh the benefits of Mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post

Rawr is full of crap.
    This is my true belief, but for those newbie folks who don't yet know about communities such as this, Maintankadin, EJ, etc. But I make that clear and I get yelled at so I won't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    This is my true belief, but for those newbie folks who don't yet know about communities such as this, Maintankadin, EJ, etc. But I make that clear and I get yelled at so I won't say it.
    You have to know how to use Rawr properly and incorporate the math with reality. It CAN be a powerful too but it can also lead you to getting advise to gem for parry, so use it wisely and with a grain of salt.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Shhhhh I didn't say nuthin yo

Alright are we getting a strobe light yet for this topic?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread