+ Reply to Thread

Thread: professions for my warroir tank

professions for my warroir tank

been working on a wartank for a while now he's level 72 atm with 400ish JC and mining
    wondering if I sould try another profession instend of mining
    my alts pros include
    druid, herb enchater both maxxed
    hunter, mining engineer maxxed, not maxxed
    mage alchemist skinner 440ish, OL level

wondering if I could take something else, bs for more sockets, lw for the better enchats, etc
    or should I just max another miner and be happy with my stam bonus
    any advice is wonderfull
    Kthxbye
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

If you're happy tanking I would stay with mining. But if you ever want to have a DPS offspec I would drop mining for Blacksmithing and use your Hunter to farm the mats it would take to powerlevel (unless you're rich and just want to buy the mats). Blacksmithing will trade the 60 stam for 40 strength or 40 armor pen.

I'm not sure how professions are going to change in Cata, but that's what I did on my warrior tank when he went fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    If you're happy tanking I would stay with mining. But if you ever want to have a DPS offspec I would drop mining for Blacksmithing and use your Hunter to farm the mats it would take to powerlevel (unless you're rich and just want to buy the mats). Blacksmithing will trade the 60 stam for 40 strength or 40 armor pen.

I'm not sure how professions are going to change in Cata, but that's what I did on my warrior tank when he went fury.
    He could always farm the mats prior to dropping mining....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thats true but I farmed with my hunter alt because he has aspect of the cheetah for mining in caves and pathfinding for outside. Also, having a pet means it's easier to mine around mobs.

ok slightly off topic, maybe

I have the breast plate of the white knight, and 3 JC gems at 80 sould I gem it will the Def gem so I can get uncritable asap and resocket with the stam ones later when I have the def else where or go straight stam right way or a combo of the 2 gems advice is wonderful

note ATM I am only 74 with about 450ish def

more info go to armory, name is Jelzak troll warroir
    (would give a link but this computer can't suport armory :P)
    Last edited by Shico752; 04-12-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: more info

How are you not at Def cap with that chest?

Oh wait, I see.

Don't worry about that chest until you can EQUIP it. Otherwise you are wasting gems.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

thats what my leveling partner is telling my (disc prist) but I thought I would ask the smartest WoW website in the world , of course I'm only 74 with 450ish (don't know the number) and have no idea what my gear will look like at 80 my plan is to have the Titansteel shield wall, the Breast plate of the white knight, and maybe the crafted tank helm, don't know the name so I'll have a good amount of def at that point estimated about 22-24k health (without shout) 500 def and 50ish% avoidance get a red sword from UP put life ward on that till I get a better weapon like rimefang or wristchopper, thats the plan

I'm getting slowly away from the real question, but should I do the +10 stats on the chest? thats what I've read I sould do

this in my frist tank (apart from a try at bear tanking but I wasn't good at that) so I'm still learning alot but tankspot is amazing thanks for help

Do +def to chest if you need the defense or do +275 health, leave +10 to stats to dpsers. I would recommend passing on the crafted epic helm and just getting a badge one, quite a bit of pricey mats when you can just run heroics for the badges.

Looking over my gear and noticed I'm only 53 def. away from uncritable and the breast plate of the white knight will add 70 so def will not be a problem but so many say +10 cause, yes it is less heath then the 275 but 275 is not that much (+10=100hp 275=274hp duh) +10 adds strength for threat and agi for dodge again not much, so It may just be a push not saying your wrong, I'm just saying what I've heard

every little bit of health helps because it's a combination of small amounts that makes big differences.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread