+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadow's edge over Heroic Cryptmaker for off hand

Shadow's edge over Heroic Cryptmaker for off hand

Hey guys

I noticed one of the better fury warriors on my realm using Shadow's edge in their main hand over Heroic Cryptmaker and putting Cryptmaker in his off hand. I know Shadow's is a slower weapon but what are the other reasons for this?

Cheers

Doesn't really make sense to me. Only thing I can think of is if he is an orc and needs the expertise in his mainhand?

Heroic Cryptmaker would be better in the mainhand than anything else but the legendary or heroic LK 25 man as far as I know.

Does Shadow's Edge need to be the weapon dealing damage in the part of the quest chain where you have to collect 1000 LK minions? If so putting it in the MH would increase the number of mobs hit from cleave?, thus gaining credit for them rather than the single target . Maybe for the boss fights he swaps them? That's all I can think of, is that you hit fractionally more trash mobs with it in the MH position than the OH.

Its probably the expertise issue, almost I'm fairly certain he'd be better off gemming for that lost expertise and using the weapons the correct way round. The damage from higher end weapon damage will almost certainly outweigh the small loss in ArP or strength from gemming a few points of expertise.

actually the dps gain is small to where you switch in for the +5 expertise and use a lower tier weapon in your main hand. rawr and landsoul's sheet was showing for me roughly a 50 dps gain by having heroic dual blade butcher in my main hand and reg cryptmaker in my offhand and use a non-expertise neck (in my case the togc 10m agi neck). but, it does screw with your rage gen when your offhand is not close to dodge cap and dealing with the dual weild miss penalty. it was a dps loss for me in-game since it just made my rage very unpredictable with 164 hit and 20 expertise for my offhand.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Best guess - Soul Collection.

+ Reply to Thread