+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ShadowedUF queries

ShadowedUF queries

Hello all,
    im new here (as a registred user) using Tank Spot info for a long time already

after about 4 years of using UI packs and suffered the lowest FPS in raids (yes like 1-4fps) i decided to completely wipe the pack and try to create an own UI... as a complete nub in this way im stuck with Shadowed Unit Frames...

Can anyone help me who's using it how to set up the raid frame from left to right?

a bit of explanation here...i want the groups from left (grp1) to right (grp5) not vice versa as i have it right now... left (grp 5) right (grp1)

Any thoughts?

I would suggest to not use SuF raid frames and instead try something like Grid, VuhDo, or Healbot. Even if you're not healing, the level of customisation on these is far superior to any raid frames that are bundled into a unit frame addon.

I'm a great fan on SuF but for the major frames like myself, target, target of target and focus. For raidframes i use Grid and made it as small as possible. On my healer, naturally grid is a little larger but the compact form of grid is way better than any unitframes addon will provide you.

Dont ditch SuF either. It's great for finely tuning what shows up on those important frames i listed, as well as positioning, color, etc

I use SuF for me, targtet, target of target, target of target of target(lol), focus, focus target. Grid is my standard party frame for any of my toons.

The combination is quite powerful.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I can see a Raid Leader or Healer needing specialized raid frames like Vuhdoo or Grid, but do they offer something essential to dps and tanks that SUF or other built-in raid frames don't?

I ask b/c I use SUF built-in raid frames in my UI for tanking and dps and they're fine. I don't think I need to see the debuffs on every raid member, just my focus (usually the other tank), and the general health levels of the raid. Or am I missing something important here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    Can anyone help me who's using it how to set up the raid frame from left to right?

a bit of explanation here...i want the groups from left (grp1) to right (grp5) not vice versa as i have it right now... left (grp 5) right (grp1)

Any thoughts?
    Yeah there's a setting to do that in the /suf config menu. I don't recall where off the top of my head, but I made the change you want way back when I first started using SUF, so I know it's there.

There are several sections for 'Raid' in the /suf config menu, and the setting you want is in one of those sections, I just don't recall which atm. Keep looking, you'll find it.

As an aside, if you want minimal FPS impact from your UI, I suggest trying Tukui. It's very nice and less resource-intensive than even the WoW default ui. You can find other similar minimalistic UIs at WoW UI Gallery.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 04-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
    I don't think I need to see the debuffs on every raid member, just my focus (usually the other tank), and the general health levels of the raid.
    I would argue as far as to say that it is always useful to see who has what debuffs. The best example I can give that you can see who has or hasn't been bitten and if you can see all the dps have been bitten, you as a tank can expect to be bitten soon. Another example could be that on sindragosa, as a warrior you wouldn't want to intervene someone on your tank switch, if they're the person who is about to be frost tombed.

For all these type of things I use Grid with GridStatusRaidDebuff: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...id-debuff.aspx

Who knows when a situation will arise that you need to know who has what essential encounter debuffs?

I use this ui and I saw others have the cast bar separated and I wanted to set up my ui like so. Can someone tell me step by step on how to make this possible?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread