+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Healer UIs

The Weekly Marmot -- Healer UIs

Can't wait.

Yay healer UI's, mine was much more cluttered with action bars but essentially the same idea. Only thing I guess you COULD have gone over even though you don't use it is Clique, but it's all down to personal preference.

off topic: Nice dress. Nice colors.

on topic:

I always loved Power Auraes. It is absolutely perfect for anyone relying on procs... which would be everyone. On a more general note it would be cool with a look at class specific addons and UIs.

Good video, though I was hoping the conversation over in the healing forum would have persuaded you to at least mention Clique or click-cast macros, at least in the optional section even though you, personally, don't use the,

Macros aren't UI related, and I'm not gonna advertise something like Clique that I don't find necessary. If people enjoy it, great for them, but when it comes to my personal vids, I won't promote it.

I know that you just covered the video on healing addons, but I felt it was very brief. It was good, don't get me wrong but i would have liked to hear more about raid frames and seen more pictures of things actually work. You don't have to write a guide for every addpn that you use, but making it more understandable for people that don't already use those addons would be really nice . Gonna have to try forteXorcist though, looks fun.
    Thanks =D.

Good video, nice to see this kind of content as well.

Regarding addons/macros, it all comes to personal styles. I understand how a holy priest does not have so much need for clique, personally on my druid and on my paladin it makes my life easier. Again, I could do the job them, but for me they fit with my healing style.

Great vid. Thanks.

I would just like to add that Omen is pretty useful for Holy Paladin's since we can throw a Hand of Salvation on the highest threat target - potentially saving a life.

As allways a great video Aliena

1: How much memory do u use for your addons, before im trying it out. having a light weight among of addons is pretty importent too me.

2: What server are you playing on? dosent seems too be able too find you on armory only 2 aliena and none of them matches. Do you play on american servers maybe?. want too check out, gear, specc, achivement and stuff. just for curiousity.

@phillipecote:

There are many guides for addons like Grid, Vuhdo, and Healbot out there that you can use to teach yourself to use these raid frame addons. Just do some searching. Here's one I link for guildmates:

http://www.wow.com/2009/04/03/a-video-guide-to-grid/

She does play on an American server, all this type of stuff is covered in her previous videos...namely her first Intro vid. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
    She does play on an American server, all this type of stuff is covered in her previous videos...namely her first Intro vid. :P
    Ok thanks.

But why play on american, isnt she from germany? but oh well probably a great guild
    Last edited by Schalde; 04-06-2010 at 09:19 AM.

great video, I use practicly the same addons as you except pitbull frames, and i really like the dress

Decent vid covering the very basics. I personally don't find ForteXorcist specifically essential, but to each their own (I use PowerAuras instead).

Regarding class specific UIs and such; that would take a lot of work and isn't really in the scope of her videos, I think. Try looking on websites like wowinterface.com, they have categories for class-specific UIs that you can download. For example: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/cat107.html

Addon sites in general typically have individual mods that can be broken down by class, too, like: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/default.aspx

If you're looking for more in-depth explanations for specific addons, try doing a youtube search. I've been surprised at how many video guides I have found there. Look at how many videos show up when I did a search for "resto druid grid" http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ruid+grid&aq=f Try googling it, too.

They key to getting your perfect UI is doing your own research, picking out the things you like and adopting them as your own, and then arranging everything together how you like it to suit your own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    Macros aren't UI related, and I'm not gonna advertise something like Clique that I don't find necessary. If people enjoy it, great for them, but when it comes to my personal vids, I won't promote it.
    Thanks for not opening up that area of discussion.

There are two parts to user interface and many people actually don't understand the importance of the two very unique aspects...
    1. The interface. How information is presented and made accessible to the user.
    2. The user. The user decides how they will use that information to perform their duties.

How one uses the interface is a different point of discussion and I feel you made a strong decision in talking about the interface itself, not how you use it.

P.S. Might have made more sense to title it "Healer Interfaces", but that's besides the point.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Considering Grid, is it also configurable on using what healing spell to use depending on what key combo you do (like left mouse button, right mouse button, middle mouse button, 4th or 5th mouse button for those who have and any of these + shift or ctrl or alt?)

Currently I use healbot on my priest and mainly use 4 mouse buttons and additionally for healing spells I don't use that often I use combo with shift, ctrl and if needed I can use alt aswell.

To do that with Grid you would need Clique which is what they're referring to when discussing mouse over or macro healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    I can see the point in that. Clique or a mouseover macro doesn't change the way your UI looks, and you were more covering how to have an uncluttered UI for healing than how you heal with the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhyr View Post
    Considering Grid, is it also configurable on using what healing spell to use depending on what key combo you do (like left mouse button, right mouse button, middle mouse button, 4th or 5th mouse button for those who have and any of these + shift or ctrl or alt?)

Currently I use healbot on my priest and mainly use 4 mouse buttons and additionally for healing spells I don't use that often I use combo with shift, ctrl and if needed I can use alt aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling581 View Post
    To do that with Grid you would need Clique which is what they're referring to when discussing mouse over or macro healing.
    Some addons give you everything... and you turn stuff off.
    Other addons give you one thing... and then you build onto it.

Just two different approaches to addon development.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread