+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need gear advice for Outlands

Need gear advice for Outlands

I'm currently lvling a pally tank and have just started in the Outlands. I'm spec'd prot/ret (38/13). Plate quest rewards typically have either STR AGI STAM AP or STR INT STAM SP MP5. The first (STR, AGI, STAM, AP) would seem to be an obvious choice, but I was thinking that since paly's generate alot of threat through holy damage that the other might work also. So, should I concentrate on one or the other or a mix of both when I can't get +DEF gear?

Agility is a very nice tanking stat. Intellect and MP5 are pretty useless to you, neither will alleviate the mana issues you will face until you hit 70 and get Divine Plea.

Until you hit mid-70's, there won't be much for +Def gear available, so you'll have to aim for Strength (for threat), Agi (for dodge/armor), and Stam (self-explanatory).

Outlands gearing is messed up because it was the time where intellect was on DPS plate. (Yeah...)

So look for other stats like crit/AP and Def/Avoidance. If the piece has those stats on it, then it is a melee piece. I would recommend getting a blacksmith to make you the fel iron plate set, and later the adamantite plate set.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread