+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Balanced Dispel Mechanics Among Healers in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Mwawka View Post
    Sounds to me like all dispells that are necessary to encounters will be magic and that curses, poisons, and diseases will be dispells that are optional to make encounters easier, but not required.
    I hope this is correct.

This is so epic fail for us paladin's. So what about PvP? I guess Blizzard seems to be forgetting that rogues, mages and hunters all have abilities that us Ret Paladin's should dispel, otherwise we are damn well dead. I guess it doesn't matter in arena since you will have a dedicated healer but I think the point still remains, especially if you just like doing BG's. They better put the Cleanse spell high up in the Holy tree, like 2nd tier so we can still spec into Divine Intellect and get that talent as well for PvP, along with whatever else might be useful then.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Here is the communicative problem with these posts: All the information given is out of context without full disclosure of other changes. For example, ret and prot paladins loose the ability to dispel magic. This, by itself, seems like a crippling change. However, when you consider the myriad of other changes that could be done for these specs, it may seem like a good trade-off (i.e.- an interrupt).
    If they are going to remove magic dispel for Ret, then they better nerf the living crap out of Blink, Ice Block and any other abilities that can remove stuns from a player to make PvP far more balanced. And they better buff up Hand of Freedom to do what it is required to do, remove all movement impairing effects which it doesn't.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

You don't even know what changes are coming yet. What if they give paladins a charge ability, or give you a sprint ability, who KNOWS what they will be doing. This is only 1 part of their overall design changes, there will be balance between the classes including arenas for classes. Blizzard has been around long enough to not make something as stupid as remove all dispels from everything except healers, then not give something back to rebalance it. You guys are seriously jumping on the QQ wagon way to early in development.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

They say that this allows them to design encounters with the thought that you will have a dispel of each type in the raid no matter what, but it would make a Paladin+Priest (2 healing, 10 man) less viable. It would thus require that you have at least a Druid caster DPS or a Shaman DPS, which isn't a given.

Sounds like they really are planning to make the healer's job a lot more challenging, varied and fun. You'll have to be a lot more tactical about choosing when and where to dispel or heal instead of just spamming heals all the time. Sounds fun to me. Might even make me want to play a healer more often. :-)

+ Reply to Thread