+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decissions, decissions...

Decissions, decissions...

I'm at 95 EoF atm, and I'm considering buying the Cataclysm Chestguard... But I could also use emblems om Primodials for the 264 boots... Would be an upgrade from 245 instead of 251.

Armory link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ar&cn=Amygdala

Halp?
    (Yes, spelled username wrong, don't ask!)

personally i would save up for the boots because they are harder to come by in icc than chests. however if your aiming for t10 4set then i think tier helm would be better if anything

Decided not to go for the 4-setbonus, since I'm not raiding on a regular basis atm and as such got no prio on marks to upgrade the 251 items.

Gah, can't figure this out!

Guess it comes down to whether the bonus armor on the chest is superior to the gain from upgrading the boots... Could really use some opinions on this one /:

You should play with the WowHead profiler

http://www.wowhead.com/?profiles

It will allow you to see gear and stats added at will.

Upgrading the chestpiece will give me:

+ 28 Sta
    + 1291 Armor
    + 27 Defense (5.49)
    + 82 Expertise (10)

- 21 Str
    - 42 Dodge (1.07%)
    - 76 Parry (1.55%)

Upgrading the boots give me the following:

+ 18 Sta
    + 115 Armor
    + 27 Dodge (0.69%)
    + 19 Parry (0.39%)
    + 53 Hit (1.62%)
    + 1 Socket

- 9 Strength
    - 53 Defense (10.78)

I still can't figure out whether it's worth sacrificing the avoidance stats on the Curiass in favor of the bonus armor though >:|

Defense is so overpowered in terms of an avoidance stat!

The dodge and parry you lose from the curiass is definitely made up for in the defense you gain from the chestguard. Also, strength is immaterial and in my opinion, the dodge/parry for the boots would not be made up with for the loss of defense. The minor benefit the boots offer is hit, which, while admittedly is nice, there are plenty of hit pieces in ICC.

My personal opinion would be to upgrade to the chestguard, and save any primordial saronite you have already collected for the Pillars of Might, and perhaps hold out for that Valithera25 or that Sindragosa10 that will drop the boots you might just want.
    To all the Tanks that gem Stamina: "It's not the magic attack that kills you, it's the physical attack before and after."

Still haven't decided yet. I'm in so much doubt that choosing one over the other would just give me head aches and leave me frustrated for not knowing whether I chose the right piece.

The crafted legs are a no-no for me. Can't afford the primordials and already got two-set bonus from T10, including legs. Maybe some time in a very, very distant future. But it's not an option at the moment.

Oh God do I hate to ask for this. But I've given it so much thought that my head might burst, so I really need more opinions /:

Chestguard hands down for EH, which is useful against (almost) every boss in ICC. Don't even consider the boots over the Chestguard.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread