+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dreamhunter's or Rowan's?

Dreamhunter's or Rowan's?

Couldn't decide whether this belonged in the HALP! forum or the Gear one.

Is the heroic version of Dreamhunter's Carbine better than Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets (in terms of survival; does the health outweigh the avoidance)?

My thoughts:

Using Dreamhunter's Carbine over Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets, you lose:
    • 26 hit rating
    • 34 dodge rating
    • 34 parry rating
    Usings Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets over Dreamhunter's Carbine (with talents), you lose:
    • 26 stamina (with a Solid Majestic Zircon)
    • 27 defense rating
    • 29 shield block rating
    • 95 block value.
    • 4 strength
    The dodge and parry combined from Rowan's gives .65% avoidance (in my current gear) over Dreamhunter's Carbine. With a boss swing timer of 1.5 seconds, over 8 minutes that avoidance can make an extra 2 attacks avoided. The hit from Rowan's is nice too for fights that would require reliable taunts, but a glyph swap can be used temporarily for that purpose.

Using Dreamhunter's over Rowan's, the block rating provides 2.01% block and an additional 95 block value. Using the same 1.5 second swing timer over an 8 minute fight, that block can make an additional 6 attacks blocked (3 blocked normally, 3 blocked critically). And of course, there's the additional 260 unbuffed health from the gun (with a Solid Majestic Zircon).
    Last edited by Kurask; 04-05-2010 at 01:30 PM.

I'd use the carbine if it's heroic.

More EH.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post

More EH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurask View Post
    The dodge and parry combined from Rowan's gives .65% avoidance (in my current gear) over Dreamhunter's Carbine. With a boss swing timer of 1.5 seconds, over 8 minutes that avoidance can make an extra 2 attacks avoided. The hit from Rowan's is nice too for fights that would require reliable taunts, but a glyph swap can be used temporarily for that purpose.
    And the random number generator says those two times that you avoided, could have also hit. Effective health wins the day.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post

More EH.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

That's what I thought; just wanted conformation from others.

+ Reply to Thread