+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clique as a tank?

Clique as a tank?

Anyone else use this? I have been using Grid as raidframes for a while, so when I rolled a healer and installed clique I thought, why not?

I use it for intervene and Vig., basically one click on a name in grid will either catapult me at them, or set my protective gaze on them.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I do. The most use I get out it is being able to switch Vigilance quickly. Which I like being able to do mid fight if I need to.

Grid is an excellent raid frame mod for anyone, healer or no. Every tank class has buffs that need to be targetted at fellow players (Hands/Cleanses, Combat res/Innervate, Vigilance/Intervene, Hysteria/Raise fallen ally), and Grid is very good for this without taking up excessive sdpace on information you don't need.

The one thing you do need to be careful of is that you can still locate players in the grid even if they're dead/marked/debuffed. I still haven't gotten this quite right, myself, but it's somethin to bear in mind.

Hmm had not thought about it for vigilance. I use it on my warrior for intervene, on my DK for hysteria, and on my shaman for all my heals/cures.

I also use this for vig. Really handy to pop vig around during an encounter!
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by proudmoore View Post
    The one thing you do need to be careful of is that you can still locate players in the grid even if they're dead/marked/debuffed. I still haven't gotten this quite right, myself, but it's somethin to bear in mind.
    Its in the highlight settings of grid. )Hightlight 0 deficit health( I believe is the option.

I used grid for a while then went to pitbull because Bodasafa SAY SO! lol. I actually settled on healbot and let me tell you why.

I needed something that I could monitor buffs/Debuffs on the raid easily and HB does this. I needed something that I could customize easily to show me just what I wanted to see and I needed a one click buff system for my Raise ally/Hys which it gives me.

I have everything turned off except for inbar buff/debuffs and the only color I see is faded in when they are at 50% health. I have it set up to flash bright red when a raid member is about to die. The best part, when it's stripped down to just be what I want it to be it runs more light weight than my old .Ouf frames.

I've been using it on my warrior as well and I love it. Vig and Int work very well off this.
    Last edited by Banterloft; 04-06-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Because ME is such a hard word to spell right the first time...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Mouseover macros (or clique if you don't want to do it manually) are essentially great for anything party/raid related. I'd imagine it almost impossible to tank properly as protadin without mouseover macros. Any buffing is great with mouseover so even on my Rogue and DK I use mouseover (tott/hyst).

Besides, if you like it: keep it. No reason to change things that work.

My healer uses VuhDo, so I just set it up on my warrior to do intervenes etc. Works great.

Incidentally I also use it on my hunter for misdirects.

Vudoo is pretty heavyweight isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    I think it is, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    AFAIK its as heavy/light as grid or healbot when configured
    Last edited by gabbu; 04-07-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    AFAIK its as hevay/light as grid or healbot when configured
    << this!

Vuhdoo can be stripped down as you like. Grid comes pretty much stripped down and has to be enhanced by several plugins before it becomes really usable (anyone without grid_statusRaidDebuff out there?).

Choose your own poison ;-)

Vuhdoo is mine at the moment.

Cheers!
    skaggi

may have to try this although i made need to upgrade my computer before i do..
    unfortunately im stuck between enhancing my performance and decreasing my fps with add-ons

Quote Originally Posted by Skaggi View Post
    Grid comes pretty much stripped down and has to be enhanced by several plugins before it becomes really usable (anyone without grid_statusRaidDebuff out there?).
    I totally agree with Skaggi, grid feels lightweight on its own but once configured with 10 plugins and in a workable from during raids they are all about same. I also 2nd Vudho as being a very good and well written addon.

If you really want lightweight oUF is the real deal but be ready to deal with lua.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Anyone else use this? I have been using Grid as raidframes for a while, so when I rolled a healer and installed clique I thought, why not?

I use it for intervene and Vig., basically one click on a name in grid will either catapult me at them, or set my protective gaze on them.
    I use it for cleanse, RD, LoH, Salv...almost anything I can cast on a member of my group.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

+ Reply to Thread