+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm back! What easy upgrades can i get for my current gear? Also, toc25/voa25 ready?

I'm back! What easy upgrades can i get for my current gear? Also, toc25/voa25 ready?

Hi Guys,

I'm back. Got some relatively new upgrades to my gear. Also, was able to tank toc10 and voa10 already.

With that out of the way, I would like to ask if there are any upgrades to my gear that i can run farm for (Heroics).

My cloak will be upgraded as soon as i can get the 16 frost emblems i need. What about the shield? Are there any non-raid shields available aside from the HoR shield?

Also, am i ready for toc25 and voa25? Any comments or critique will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ewer&cn=Pathay

Thanks!

Alky-holic
    Last edited by Alky-holic; 04-05-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to link armory

Sorry to say, there's no easy upgrades for you left Looks like you got them all.
    If you want to farm for anything that should be frost emblems.

Go VoA25 and Toc25 definitely, I'd say you got gear good enough to go into ICC, even 25. Get the shield from Gunship battle and the mace from Lord Marrowgar in ICC, those are pretty easy upgrades. Couple of good drops on first four bosses for you.

On critique side I'd say dont gem for defense rating. You should be fine. Get your expertise to 26 instead, or go stamina.

*$

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

ICC? O_O yikes. Will have to volunteer as a sub for our guild tanks in case they can't make ICC O_O.

About the def gems, i've been trying to replace them with stam gems, unfortunately some gear changes here and there left me a bit lacking in def so i had to gem I'll get there eventually. hehe. Will work at getting my expertise to 26, i think it's just a matter of changing one of my +20 def gems to a +10 expertise, +10 def one.

As for my trinks, are these okay for the meantime? I also have the essence of gossamer, the monarch crab trinket from JC and ick's rotting thumb. I guess the black heart and the glyph gives me the best EHP so far?

I haven't got my hands on any other trinkets yet, but I think those are pretty good. There's one good trink in TotC25 worth farming for I know.
    I put Ick's in the bank, find no real use for it.

*$

Thanks a bunch

I believe the trinket the person above is refering to is the scarab trinket that drops off TOC 25 from the faction champs chest. The name of the horde version is the juggernauts vitality. Good tanking mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alky-holic View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

ICC? O_O yikes. Will have to volunteer as a sub for our guild tanks in case they can't make ICC O_O.

About the def gems, i've been trying to replace them with stam gems, unfortunately some gear changes here and there left me a bit lacking in def so i had to gem I'll get there eventually. hehe. Will work at getting my expertise to 26, i think it's just a matter of changing one of my +20 def gems to a +10 expertise, +10 def one.

As for my trinks, are these okay for the meantime? I also have the essence of gossamer, the monarch crab trinket from JC and ick's rotting thumb. I guess the black heart and the glyph gives me the best EHP so far?
    Skip that gem choice, get 10def/15sta instead. You won't need additional expertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

@latormenta
    Thanks for the info

@Draedor
    Hmm.. really? I'm not exactly knowledgeable on this being a new tank and all, but isn't 26 expertise the number to shoot for? At the moment, i have 21 expertise and i'll only get 26 if i get a rhinolicious wormsteak buff. Would 21 expertise be okay for me?

Thanks for the replies

Read the first comment in this thread ..i was asking for tanking advice and this is what the gut told me so for what it worth ....
    I need tanking advice please??????

Thanks latormenta some of my questions were answered in that thread

+ Reply to Thread