+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my DK rdy to off-tank 10m ICC ?

Is my DK rdy to off-tank 10m ICC ?

My armory: is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Llane&cn=Venur .

Actualy their is only 2 upgrade that I could get outside of raiding.

Black heart and the ICC crafted boots.

Well their is the shoulder bought with triumph emblem but it would be aminor upgrade so I spent my emblem on some heirloom stuff instead :-p

Your expertise and hit are a little low (use elixirs and food), but, with a good group, I think you are certainly ready for the first wing. I can't see what weapon you're using though. If you're tanking with marrowstrike, I might want to hold off were I you. In any event, the 10% will help you out.

I'm using the: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50267 with a +30stam gem in it and well Stoneskin gargoyle enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilcabell View Post
    Your expertise and hit are a little low (use elixirs and food), but, with a good group, I think you are certainly ready for the first wing. I can't see what weapon you're using though. If you're tanking with marrowstrike, I might want to hold off were I you. In any event, the 10% will help you out.
    Wich elixir and food would you suggest to me for raiding ?

So far in 25m VoA and ToC I dont have any aggro problem. I use 2 tanking spec, Blood for single target fight and Frost when I must AoE.

Get epic gems, put +18 stamina on your hands and 275 health on chest. Use flask of stoneblood and whatever food you have as long as it gives max stamina. Hit your buttons in the right order and you'll keep threat. I've kept agro with much lower hit and expertise than what you have currently.

Though Expertise is a lot more important (for you I would say expertise food is a must), I would replace any yellow sockets with stam/hit gems if there is a stam socket bonus to be had, you won't lose much EH and will have a bit of an easier time with threat. Expertise is your real problem though, Plague Strike getting dodged or parried used to mess up my whole rotation. Even if you CAN hold aggro with that low of hit and expertise MOAR THREAT is never a bad thing, especially since many encounters in ICC require the tanks to play taunt tag and if you can keep aggro of the other tank your tank rotation can get screwed up, which can result in wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by boogi View Post
    Get epic gems, put +18 stamina on your hands and 275 health on chest. Use flask of stoneblood and whatever food you have as long as it gives max stamina. Hit your buttons in the right order and you'll keep threat. I've kept agro with much lower hit and expertise than what you have currently.
    Well 2% threat +10parry beat 18stam by far IMO.

But I'm wondering what poeple think of 275hp vs 22def to chest enchant? If it was 27stam vs 22def I would go stam without a doubt but raw HP doesnt get buffed by neither Frost pres and BoK. Also I'm afraid that I would drop under the crit immune cap.

As for the epic gem advice the only place I have a blue gem is in the ring that I'm going to replace as soona s I get win the one droping of 5m H ToC thats why I didn,t spent the 150g just go get +6stam.

And as for the aggro comment do you have to tank agaisnt 8k+ teamate ? In 5man I have no problem with my aggro but my guild is realy concerned about my aggro befour taking me on 25m regulary.

as a rule of thumb 4 def rating=1 defense, its not perfect, but is about what it is, so 22 def rating would = something like 5-6 defense

Honestly I do +10 stats to chest over the 275 health

I also use armsman over 18 stam

and I have had to tank against well geared tanks and dps and it is difficult without being hit capped and having a decent amount of expertise, so I understand why you have threat issues, these caps are much lower in 5 mans so you would have an easier time there than in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Well 2% threat +10parry beat 18stam by far IMO.
    If you have threat issues maybe otherwise 18 stam is better. Even if you have threat issues I would say you need to hit your buttons harder.

But I'm wondering what poeple think of 275hp vs 22def to chest enchant? If it was 27stam vs 22def I would go stam without a doubt but raw HP doesnt get buffed by neither Frost pres and BoK. Also I'm afraid that I would drop under the crit immune cap.
    This is the eternal discussion of effective health against avoidance and I thought effective health won.

And as for the aggro comment do you have to tank agaisnt 8k+ teamate ? In 5man I have no problem with my aggro but my guild is realy concerned about my aggro befour taking me on 25m regulary.
    If it's 25 man we're talking about you shouldn't worry about threat since you should have missdirects and tricks of the trade. I have tanked against higher dps than 8k, even in 10 man without MD and tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by boogi View Post
    If you have threat issues maybe otherwise 18 stam is better. Even if you have threat issues I would say you need to hit your buttons harder.

This is the eternal discussion of effective health against avoidance and I thought effective health won.

If it's 25 man we're talking about you shouldn't worry about threat since you should have missdirects and tricks of the trade. I have tanked against higher dps than 8k, even in 10 man without MD and tricks.
    boogi is right, the 2% Threat from Armsman is negligible and the +10 Parry Rating pales in comparison to 18stam, especially since (as he also mentioned) Effective Health won the contest between EH vs Avoidance (Stam + Armor ftw). Also, while having threat stats helps (obviously), you shouldn't be having any issues holding threat assuming you're playing the class right. Ultimately, threat stats are all about comfort level.. how much do you need to comfortable hold threat and play your class? It's a personal preference.

Use stam shoulder enchant, use stamina glove kit.

Get a skeleton key to replace the glyph.

Eventually use your rep icc ring to replace titanium.

Use 275 hp chest

+ Reply to Thread