+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cataclysmic chestguard or Ymirjar lords battleplate ??

Cataclysmic chestguard or Ymirjar lords battleplate ??

Hi guys..

Really at a loss. reading all posts but still not sure what the best choice would be.
    Ofcourse the set bonus is something to consider with the Ymirjar set but it looks to me that the Cataclysmic chestguard is so much better for tanking.

What do you guys reckon is the best choice and why ?

many thanx in advance.
    Last edited by dutch250; 04-04-2010 at 08:15 AM.

If you have access to bosses that drop heroic emblems, get the tier chest because it's a solid piece to build toward the 4pc bonus. If you are only doing 10 man then use the cataclysmic because it's better than the non-heroic version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The 4pc T10(chest, gloves, helm and shoulders) and Pillars of Might setup seems to be what many top end tanks go for simply because it goes give you the most survival stats + another cooldown, albeit a terrible one. It's a tough choice though. The cataclysmic chestguard has a lot of EH and a lot of defense. The expertise also comes in handy when you have add fights like LDW, Dreamwalker and LK where missing an add pickup can cause a wipe. Trust me, having a lvl 83 Abom or Raging Spirit parry/dodge your first attack is not fun.

I'd say if you have access to 25 heroic tokens and your guild has cleared 2-3 of the heroic token bosses on 25, go for the T10 chest. This would also mean you have access to drops from other 25 heroic bosses. Right now, I can't even use the T10 sanctified chest to make my 4pc because I'll be pretty below defense cap. It's quite depressing.

You're also looking at eventually getting 4 heroic 25 tokens to make it worthwhile. I'd just go with the cataclysmic chestguard, personally. Get your heroic 25 tier helm and gloves and go offset pieces like Boneguard Commanders Pauldrons heroic, Cataclysmic and Pillars of Might to round out your boss tanking set.

It's my opinion that the 4pc T10 set bonus is just awful. I've tried using it and haven't been impressed at all.

Quick amendment to what Hamburglar said. It is almost completely accurate however I also say Gauntlets of the Kraken > T10.264 gloves as well. Go for 264 Helm/Shoulders after you get the other frost badge gear for the 2 set, the grab the 277 chest/gloves if you have access to heroic tokens for the 4 piece, otherwise stick with the raid drops/frost gear. But ya, Hamburglar is 98% correct there.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

wow nice info guys

thats what i needed. gonna make it a lot easier to choose

It's a toss-up between going helm/shoulders or helm/gloves for the 2pc. Both pieces have less stamina than their offspec counterparts but if you upgrade the gloves all the way to heroic 25 they outshine the Kraken gloves.

I would say more people will go with helm/glove simply because you can get the gloves from VoA and the Boneguard shoulders drop off Lootship which is hilariously easy even in heroic.

The Kraken gloves have more armor and thusly more EHP, by a good margin too, even after the T10 gloves were buffed (since the kraken gloves were buffed too).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Sanctified T10 gloves have the same armor. When upgraded to heroic 25 they have more armor than the new buffed kraken gloves.

Ah, I was wrong, but Gauntlets of the Kraken have more stam. Only 8 stam less but with 2 sockets, so really the gauntlets of the kraken are 22 stam better, which IMO still makes them EH champs:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51217

vs

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50978

Edit: also when they were first talking about the T10 buffs the original armor on the 264 was like 2481 or something, I guess the final change was better, that's about the time I quit playing too, so I had false information, my bad.

+ Reply to Thread