+ Reply to Thread

Thread: at what GS/HP can i tank difrent raids?

at what GS/HP can i tank difrent raids?

Hi!

I'm thinking about if there is any "guide" there can tell you what raid you are ready to tank?
    ATM I got 4354 GS. 27K hp. 549 DEF. -almost got full gear from Emblem of Triumph.

thx

Never look at GS for tanks. Even for other classes it's bad. Discussing GS here is worse. That said, you're HP level is good for naxx or ulduar, possibly carried by an overgeared group through TOC10. Armory link would help. Otherwise, keep farming heroics, it's easy to get full t9 and some decent gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Hi thx for your answer.. Ihave tried to look at
    http://wow-heroes.com/
    for the guide there but i ain't working saying my Gs is 1770.. but here is a link to armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7Akir&cn=Doyza

IF possible, just keep running randoms. If you have issues tanking, just go DPS.

You'll build up enough badges to get the 232/245 items and be ready for ICC off tank. I think now in ToC you'll be hurting.

Also, you have HERB and Inscript. My 2 cents is get into B/Smith and JC. Blacksmith gives extra gem slots on items, and JC gives you a few +51 STAM gems.

Quote Originally Posted by nserafini View Post
    If you have issues tanking, just go DPS.
    I'm sorry but this is bad advice. If you have issues with tanking, do some research and keep practicing, going dps will not make you a better tank in any scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by nserafini View Post
    You'll build up enough badges to get the 232/245 items and be ready for ICC off tank. I think now in ToC you'll be hurting.
    Okay thx. Any good advise how to get the Frost Emblems? its going to take a long time with 2/day.

and thx for the advise about BS and JC

And don't have props with tanking, is going fine

I think maybe I wasn't clear on WHY to go DPS. Of course tanking requires lots or practice and just mind numbing runs, but If, as a player, he wants to progress and he'll need to gain badges.

I did this by DPS'ing my way thru my daily ( 2 frost for the day ) then tanking 2 or 3 randoms ( still get triumph badges ). That way if I did have threat issues ( and was kicked ) i already had my FROST.

At a lower level gear, holding daily Heroic threat may be an issue, and he may get kicked from groups.

Also, if you're not familiar with the dungeon or the boss, DPS gives you a good chance to watch others tank and learn the ropes.

Well.. I'm tanking all HC's without any problems
    Is there any way to get the frost faster than 2 pr day?
    and back to the subject: is there any guide for the raids requirements to HP def and so on ?

There are two ways to get more Frost without running ICC. Those are: running the weekly raid and running the most recent boss in VoA.

As far as raid requirements, it's a good idea to have upper-30k/lower-40k raid buffed health when running ToC10 or ToC25.

And as much hatred as everyone has for GearScore, it does give a fairly accurate layout of what level of gear you should have to run certain raids. You don't need to follow it down to the number, but it's great for ballpark estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by hypedox View Post
    Hi thx for your answer.. Ihave tried to look at
    http://wow-heroes.com/
    for the guide there but i ain't working saying my Gs is 1770.. but here is a link to armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7Akir&cn=Doyza
    As an aside, wow-heroes' gear score was created separately from the GS addon, and scores gear differently (i.e., much smaller numbers).

What randoms are you running without problem? All the way through H HoR? Its harder to find runs through anything below ToC so you might be better off upgrading your chest and belt, and then I think your more than good for ToC.

My suggestion in gear - The crafted 245 chest pieces have really dropped in prices, for 3k-4k (or less if a friend has the plan) they'll last you a long time (frost emblem pieces probably aren't viable until you start running ICC as just doing the daily would take 42.5 days for the chest). Plus this would free you up to upgrade your belt to frost first, which given your other gear would seem to give you the most bang for the buck.

Profession wise - BS/Mining/JC are roughly the same for a tank (+60ish sta). Personally I like Mining/JC - though I'm gimmping my DPS spec a little by losing the 2 gem slots from BS - but the benefits of mining/JC seem to fit together really well. At least pre-cataclysm, I think BS/Mining for a tank is a straight trade (60 sta to 60 sta) and Mining is slightly better in complementing JC (prospecting, especially when you get to titanium for gems and powder). Couple that with the decrease in non-icc crated gear prices and I think, right now, mining is > BS - that could change when Cata drops though. As I said - BS does have an additional tradeoff if your other spec is DPS.

+ Reply to Thread