+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spam Cleave Macro

Spam Cleave Macro

Hey guys I've watched a couple of videos and the tank has a macro that will spam cleave or heroic strike. It just constantly clicks the button for you. I've looked on google and in the stickey here but with no luck. I was hopeing someone could help me out. Thanks

Are you sure its a macro?

Usually when I tank I manually que it up due to rage management in heroics, but not so much in raids.

A simple one could be:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Devastate
    /cast Heroic Strike

Then you could include a modifier like Shift to make it use cleave instead etc.

I'm not sure if its the same as the Deathknight's runestrike macro where it is like:

#showtooltip
    /cast Scourge Strike
    /cast !Rune Strike

I wouldn't recommend macro-spamming Cleave or HS though, or you'll find yourself out of rage periodically when you need it. Better to hit manually any time you have over 40 or 50 rage, and not hit when you're below 40.

I'm almost always spamming cleave or heroic strike depending on the number of mobs, because Im almost always full on rage. The macro that I'd like to have would allow me to start/stop spamming the spell whenever I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF-7kmvJZXY

Speed ahead to the 4 minute and 35 second mark. It appears to me that she has some type of macro that is spamming heroic strike.

A macro is not allowed to constantly queue up an ability anymore, you've still got to hit the macro button each time you want to use it. Which is why a lot of tanks combine Devastate + Cleave/Heroic Strike together as you'll always be able to hit Devastate (no CD) and each time you hit it you'll also trigger a Cleave/HS.

I think you're looking for a toggle that allows you to hit it once and convert all white swings to Cleave until you toggle it off, if that's the case, you won't find one.
    Jalousie: Two ovaries walk into a bar.
    "Hey, can we get some cervix over here?"

Yeah thats what I was looking for. Looks like Ill just have to manually click it - Thanks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrus View Post
    Yeah thats what I was looking for. Looks like Ill just have to manually click it - Thanks for the help guys
    It is possible with keyboards that have macro abilities (such as most gaming keyboards). However, technically speaking it is against the EULA, and Blizzard can suspend/ban/eat-your-brain for using such a macro.

I actually have a gaming keyboard and used a macro like that for targeting the Time-Lost drake. Sat back and watched TV while my macro was off targeting (I didn't think I would get in trouble for something as harmless as targeting). About 20 minutes later a GM whispered me and gave me a warning to stop using the macro. Luckily I just got a warning and never got banned. But he did mention that if I had successfully targeted the Time-Lost drake, and received the loot, then he would of taken the loot away.

So yeah, don't use it. I'm sure your guild will hate you if you got their loot taken away for using an illegal macro.

Well if you wanted to toggle an ability on/off I think you have to put an exclamation mark before the ability to do that.

In my earlier post I had that Scourge Strike + Runestrike macro but I think the toggle only works for that since its a on-next melee attack but its possible to do it for HS/Cleave?

Keybind HS and Cleave to Mouse Wheel Up and Down. Roll mouse wheel while tanking. Profit.

I used to macro cleave to thunderclap back in the day but I don't like doing that for rage reasons. Instead I bought a razer naga and bound cleave to num5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread