+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cover up defense.

Cover up defense.

Greetings. With the new icc items that got defense skill replaced with armor (which is awesome) it can some times be hard to get the obligatory 540 defense skill. That is the case for me now.

This is my profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...land&cn=Nanaii

I'm thinking of crafting http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49904 since I love the armor on those, but if I do and replace my current one I'll get short in defense skill - 532. According to my calculations those 8 skill missing is the same as 40 defense rating (2x http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40126).

First: Do you guys think it's worth to lose some stamina and gem those legs with 2x defense gems, 1x stamina gem? The stamina loss would be like 28 and the armor gain huge. I bet it is.

Second: I'll lose on another valuable stat, expertise. Considering this as well and the fact that I'm not capped in it, is it still worth it?

Thanks in advance lads.

Number crafting theory crafting spreadsheets disregarded (its late and i'm just waiting to get tired enough to sleep xD) i would stick with what you got, those are a great pair of legplates, and you'd end up losing a bit of stam. If you're heartset on them I'd chant other items (chest, shoulders, cape) for defense then you will prolly only need one more def gem on your new legplates which will fill that yellow gem requirement.

Frankly i couldn't fault you either way no matter what you choose

i know entirely useless reply insomnia FTL xD
    Winter is coming

You look fine in every way but the weapon and cloak enchants. I see 550 defense and 16 resil...What did you change since this was posted? You've got the boots, pants, chest and gloves all missing defense. New gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Also, you're fine with expertise. In fact with the 22 you have, adding the food buff will get you to 26.

U only need 536 with the honour shoulder enchant from SW honour. 10 k it costs and will give a little more leeway to avoid dropping stam over a def enchant/gem.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Get the pillars of might, they are too good to pass up, if you need the extra defense then enchant 20 defense to shield, that should give you enough to get to 536 defense and with the 15 resil from the shoulder enchant 536 defense is all you need to be uncrittable. You'll get slightly more defense when you upgrade your gloves too, another option is dropping the 4 set until you get 277 gear and getting the cataclysmic chest guard and gauntlets of the kraken from frost emblems, they are both upgrades to the 264 T10 but you lose the 4 set. If the 4 set isn't a big deal, then problem solved.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks for all tips. Didn't know I could stack the last skill points up with the resilience enchant. Will do that! Cheers lads.

Also, You could drop the crafted boots for the ones off of Valithera25. That is just my personal preference though.
    To all the Tanks that gem Stamina: "It's not the magic attack that kills you, it's the physical attack before and after."

Defense to your shield >+18 stam imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Defense to your shield >+18 stam imho.
    Only if you need it, otherwise EHP > RNG. If you need to pick up defense this is the best place to do it because you only lose 18 stam for 20 defense instead of say 30 stam in place of a gem.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Generally I'm in the EH camp, but 180 health isn't a big swing in survivability to my mind and if I can avoid one more18k hit every 200 swings, I'll take that trade off.

Ya, I completely disagree with you, a boss rarely even hits you 200 times in a boss fight, closer to ~90.

200+ hps after modifiers is a lot, 18 stam is better, and it's always there and helps with every kind of incoming damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Generally I'm in the EH camp, but 180 health isn't a big swing in survivability to my mind and if I can avoid one more18k hit every 200 swings, I'll take that trade off.
    It's never going to avoid 1 more hit every 200 swings, it's a set chance for each hit, not all of them combined. Your reasoning is way off and it seems you could understand your topic a little more before arguing it.

+ Reply to Thread