+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin DPS I think im facerolling my keyboard wrong

Paladin DPS I think im facerolling my keyboard wrong

Hi Tankspot! I need some help on how to get my dps higher for my ret pally. At the moment my GS is 5.6k and i dont really have a set rotation, i just hit whatever is not on CD, here is my armory for my toon--- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Tuggernauts--- Accodring with my libram i always use crusader strike x5 and maintain that and whenever i have 5 stacks i use avenging wrath and my vengeance of the forsaken in unison, also on bosses i use seal of corruption and trash i use seal of command, but plz if you have any tips or see anything wrong tell me so i can become a better pally! thank you!!

Ill be the first to admit I dont know much about Ret pallies. I do know that youre way over hit cap and way under expertise cap. Get those two things squared away. Your hit should be 263. Your expertise should be at 26. I seem to remember someone saying that Rets have a talent that gives them exp but I didnt see it in my cursory glance at your spec. So if its there and I missed it just ignore that part.

Also, dont gem for crit. Gem for strength. You need expertise so you could throw some of those gems in there to get closer to your cap.

This should tell you most of what you need to know. http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

Lose some hit for starters. The ToC expertise trinket is crap for 2handers and not even that good for dual wielding classes. I'm pretty sure the dps you'd gain from a better trinket would greatly outweigh the the loss from the occasional boss dodge/parry. Though it's not entirely useless for Ret, armor pen is the least favorable stat on gear and if you can find other pieces it would probably help.

What exactly is your rotation? There's some priority on what button to mash next and isn't solely "whatever is not on CD". Gear levels and set bonuses can have an effect on what the priority list is.

usually its Judgement>CS>DS>Exorcism>CS>Judgement>DS you think id do better if i got 2 pieces of t9? cuz i have 85 frost and am getting my 2nd t10 soon

although it's a dps question, you probably want personal help, moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Copied from EJ :
    Basic clash resolution is as follows: HoW > Judgement > CS > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

f you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

RE: the Expertise comments
    The Glyphof Seal of Vengeance provides 10 Expertise SKILL whenever the Paladin is using SoV, so expertise is covered as long as he is using that seal.

Wherever it isn't contra-indicated by the fight mechanics you should be using Consecrate for extra damage.

Working in Consecrate and replacing the Exorcism glyph with the Consecrate glyph will usually result in better damage.

+ Reply to Thread