+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 of the same.

2 of the same.

My guild is raiding ICC10 6/12 and we have just lost a DK tank. My question is:

We have a warrior tank in the guild already and now we need a new tank to take up duties with him, I have a warrior tank alt myself and enjoy tanking a lot and just wonder is it viable to run with two tanks of the same class or should I be looking for a different class to fill the role?

it's absolutely viable to run with two tanks of the same class. For normal modes at least. Any tank class can tank any fight with no problems. Warriors are versatile and can work fine together.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

In a 10 man raiding group it's pretty challenging to get a raid composition that provides every available buff. It is even more challenging if you have 2 of the same class & role. I'd recommend a different class, but it's not a complete game breaker if you don't.

Of all the tank classes, I'd say warriors are the best to have two of in a single raid. I like the idea of warrior cross vigilance, and shout/TC splitting could be advantageous.

Our guild frequently runs with two warrior tanks. We have not run into any issue where it causes enough problems to keep us from notching a kill.

We are not in hardmodes, just regular ICC.

Should be fine in hardmodes as well. The only reason to take different classes is for comp or buffing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

We are 10/12 ICC 25, all tanked with x2 warrior tanks. Its fine.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Cool thank you for all the feedback, we have a good set up for buffs so I dont see that being a issue, so my shammy can sit on the back burner for a bit I reckon cos im gonna take up tanking full time

Although... rotface will be a huge pain in the arse....

You might want to have one of the warriors spec for max survival/debuffing while the other one builds for threat/aoe tanking

Quote Originally Posted by eazo View Post
    Although... rotface will be a huge pain in the arse....
    Since ICC 25 requires 3 tanks at times our MT goes fury and our 3rd tank (a pally who is holy most of the time) goes prot for the big ooze kitting role. We also have one of our holy paladins face roll ret in his off spec, so its a double swap, so were not carrying an extra healer.

In my 10 man we have done it with x2 warriors, you just have your warrior on the oozes vigilance the MT for unlimited taunts and nail the big ooze as it spawns with a shield slam then run. It takes a bit of skill and some practice but by no means is in impossible.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    You might want to have one of the warriors spec for max survival/debuffing while the other one builds for threat/aoe tanking
    Yeah defo gonna have to sit down with the other tank and fine tune our builds so we get the best out of both our builds, any suggestions on 2 builds that work would be cool. Gonna investigate into this, I guess its just like you mention and both builds will only have minor differences, but spec into the other two trees slightly different.

I run duel prot. 1 for max debuffs/buffs and one for max threat/dps.

Check the armory link in my sig line.

+ Reply to Thread