+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Twitter & Muscle Memory

The Weekly Marmot -- Twitter & Muscle Memory

Hurpahurpa durp

Your ret pally skills must help a lot when you HoN Lore. Magmus? lol
    The Pwnstar Puddin, Now in a Fun Sized Goblin Shell.

The ret paladin rotation demonstration was win.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Strangely enough, Lore DOESN'T play Magmus like ever.

Good assessment on the training dummy thing though. It bothers the crap out of me whenever we try to fix our dps'er's rotations and recommend them to go to the target dummy to practice/improve, how many of them never do it. We've kicked many an old member from raider status because they think they can just rofl their way through.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

what cast i couldnt understand him... app with so many people and no head phones .... Q

then 5 sec l8r he posts a link... ARH
    Last edited by Butherface; 04-01-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Noobed it up
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/1/...12666KkLgi.png

The best part of playing mmo's is you know your annoying the shit of someone else when they die!

Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
    AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
    Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))

Success again! I'll assume you found the issue and stop posting these mplayer dumps now. Thanks!

Ah Lore, how you crack me up. Keep up the good work.

Every day, I do my daily...stuff. Random Dungeon, maybe a random BG, transmute a gem...

and 3 5 minute combat dummy runs. I know exactly how much I average without buffs (because I've done it so much), so I know when I am doing exceptionally good (or bad). Also, there's a thread on Shadowpriest.com where they are comparing gearscore and 5 min combat dummy runs. Its pretty cool to have lots of people to compare to and say "wait my GS is just like theirs, but my DPS is 200 below, wth!".

Nothing like motivation.

I'm still working on the spam thing. It seems to mostly be about maximizing GCD use. I would say "think ahead" is also an important DPS skill. Know what you're going to do 2-3 GCDs before you do it.

Something I have noticed: dont hammer the living daylights out of your buttons! sometimes your client f...s up and thinks you have just pressed a button so you get "half" a GCD before it realises that nothing reached the server. Get a GCD timer to catch the GCD just when it ends. on some classes this can mean a serious damage boost. Also, some speccs require you to pool resources...feral kitty has a finishing move that does more damage if you have more energy, sometimes it is better to pool energy before hitting mutilate (optimising envenom buff uptime and causing you to do more envenoms per unit of time, even if you wait 0.1 sec extra before hitting mutilate).

good dps = intelligent playing. you cannot brute force DPS.

still waiting to get into a random heroic with Lore. would be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaknight View Post
    still waiting to get into a random heroic with Lore. would be a good time.
    I very rarely do them anymore :P

You're more likely to catch me on my Shaman (Nogs)

I was cuting myself when I made why twitter account. I too swore I would never do that.

Lore is silly.

Also, I will not make a Twitter account. And I still haven't. But... Ghostcrawler wouldn't recognize my name halfway across a table

I lol'd so bad at the ret pally part. Next time my hubby asks me anything I'll offer to show him a new rotation..heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaarr View Post
    Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
    AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
    Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))

Success again! I'll assume you found the issue and stop posting these mplayer dumps now. Thanks!
    Indeed, it was Ciderhelm's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Also, I will not make a Twitter account. And I still haven't. But... Ghostcrawler wouldn't recognize my name halfway across a table
    I haven't told many people that story (at least I don't think I have), WHERE DO I KNOW YOU FROM

Good thing I'm dyslexic and can read everything backwards.

While the tips were great for DPS, I can't heal a target dummy. Though I'll be sure to recommend it in guild when someone is wondering why they suck so bad on the deeps meters.
    "They say that the best blaze brightest when circumstances are at their worse."

If every DPS in the game saw this, the next day there would be 500 LK kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I haven't told many people that story (at least I don't think I have), WHERE DO I KNOW YOU FROM
    You posted it on the forums, or maybe in the liveblog, but you definitely posted it.

+ Reply to Thread