+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prot Warrior glyphs in 3.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    I don't care much about the synergy between LS and ER. LS is an awesome cooldown without having to use ER with it and I feel like i'm punishing my self by letting it have an extra minute cooldown just so I can us ER with it. Alot can happen in a minute, especially in the high burst content we have now.
    ^ I completely agree with this. Let me also reiterate, Last Stand is an amazing cooldown on its own, there is NO reason to use ER with it, it is just wasted healing imo. Using ER in conjunction with a trinket or something is much MUCH more effective and essentially gives you ANOTHER cooldown.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Shield block can block up to 8k damage when up for me. Against a boss that hits for 20k, that's equivalent to a shield wall. It translates to an overall like 32% reduction in damage taken or something like that. I figured the exact number once but I forgot. Point is shield block is a REALLY good damage stopping button and is a go-to damage reducer for me. Do NOT underestimate it.
    People underestimate Shield Block a lot, especially after the buff to Critical Block. The key to remember is that Critical Block and Shield Block stack, which means 4x strength block. And Critical Block has a 60% proc chance.

This is actually when I like to use Enraged Regen to make it close to a third bonafide cooldown (with a quick trigger finger ready for a healthstone).

On fights with a tank transitions I save shield block for that, it helps smooth out the healing a bit on the changes with the healers I'm with. Otherwise I tend to use it when I know there's going to be large spike damage coming soon and I won't be using SW at the time.

I'm surprised there's much of a discussion at all. Shield Wall and Last Stand seem mandatory for raid tanking. Taunt is also mandatory for taunt fights. I guess the only debate is for fights without a taunt, Shield block or devastate ... but that's hardly a very interesting conversation or a very important one. You could throw cleave into the mix for trash if you really like swapping glyphs ... but I usually have my pallies or druids do most of the AoE tanking while I focus on the casters or main targets.

I mean for heroics obviously a completely different set of glyphs matter but I've found at this point in heroics I just wear mostly DPS gear and do my best tanking that way and not worry too much about it.

Well shield wall honestly isn't needed for every fight. There are some fights that you'll use it for a specific time (however this was far more prevalent in Ulduar than in ToC or ICC), and others where you may use it on cooldown, however off the top of my head festergut is the only one I can think of where you will and can only use shield wall once. So I'd still spec/glyph it 99.99% of the time. SW/LS/Blocking for max surivability, SW/LS/Devastate if you need threat, SW/LS/Taunt on fights where you need to taunt. <- That is my official stance!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    but I usually have my pallies or druids do most of the AoE tanking
    Druids? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by mistersix View Post
    Druids? Really?
    Swipe spam! SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM. It's actually pretty legit, but there's no reason why a warrior can't AoE tank too, especially with the revenge changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Swipe spam! SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM. It's actually pretty legit, but there's no reason why a warrior can't AoE tank too, especially with the revenge changes.
    You know its funny around the time that revenge came about I ditched my cleave glyph so I noticed pretty much a net gain of 0 when it comes to AoE tanking. Honestly I can probably keep up with them if I hit all 7 buttons perfectly but they only have to hit 2 so what's the point? Bragging rights? Nah I'm much better utilized interrupting, stunning, intervening, and otherwise holding down single targets effectively when it comes to trash pulls. That's just my opinion though, I know there's lots of warriors out there who take those kinds of statements personally.

Ya, I'll admit it's probably harder for us to AoE tank, but doable none-the-less. I personally usually alt tabbed and talked to people or made food or something during trash and let our pally and druid tear it up =P. BUT SHHH I DON'T THINK MY OLD GUILD NEW THAT.

+ Reply to Thread