+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Threat

Druid Threat

I need help for my druid tank that is currently dungeon grinding to 80. I just hit 41 and i was in a mara run and the rogue was complaining about my threat. I don't know if it is what i'm doing or the rogue, so i need some help.

I can't use feral charge because that requires rage. I can't use taunt because then everything is on another person by the time it reaches me, and the aoe taunt is on a 2.5 min. cd.

I can't use enrage then feral charge because of the cooldown on enrage.

I need help for opening moves, especially since i need enough threat to atleast get one swipe off, i'll provide a link to my armory for gear.

Any suggestions for tanking at this level?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eden&cn=Debris

It has been since 2004 that I have been lvl 41 so I am going off distant memory here. What do you start your pulls with? If you are using your taunt first don't. Pull with Farie Fire (feral), I dont remember when you can get this. If you dont have it yet pull with a moonfire then drop bear. This gives you the 60% chance to get the rage from Furor, which will give you the rage to swipe and puts a dot on the target which gives you some additional threat (but not much).
    On a side note I learned a long time ago that if u run with a good dps they can pull agro if they really want it (although once you get up to 80 and geared they will have to work a lot harder to get it). My brother is a warlock and used to do it all the time in BC so I would let him die. He finally learned. Just kindly remind whoever it is that dead dps is low dps. Save your taunt to grab a mob off your healer and dont blow it taunting off dps unless you think your healers are safe.
    Algnon
    Feral Druid bear/cat

Also, Mara is a legit difficult dungeon at that level with a lot of huge pulls, heavy hitters, and vicious debuffs. So don't expect a faceroll on anyone's part.

First of all, the way you report this rogue makes it seem like it's an ALT. Shame on them for not watching their threat.

Feral Farie Fire (FFF) is your friend (it's alliterative, it must be true).

It has an increased threat modifier and does damage. You should use it every time it's off cd, either spreading it around the group or applying it to your most threat hungry DPS'rs target. If you lose a mob, taunt then FFF and maul (press maul and FFF at the same time to queue up maul while the mob runs back to you).

Also - it is the rogue's responsibility to focus fire (att ack the same taget) with you - pick a primary target before the pull (mark it with the skull raid icon if the rouge starts to get cheeky). If you FFF that target and hit it with your first maul - you should be fine on the rogues threat. Ask the AOE'rs in your group to hold off for a bit OR focus fire with you at first THEN switch to AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpene View Post
    First of all, the way you report this rogue makes it seem like it's an ALT. Shame on them for not watching their threat.
    he was an alt in full heirlooms. I personally have multiple 80s on another server, though this is my first on Kil'Jaeden. I'm leveling with a friend who also has multiple 80s, though he's healing and keeping his heirlooms off except trinks and weps so he doesn't out-level me.

Thanks for the help I will consider everything here even marking targets but the one thing i haven't thought of is queueing up maul and FFF... maybe i'll make a macro for that.

and Tansit I know the healer personally we both have been playing together about 5 years... and he doesn't usually pull aggro even in maradaun whenever it gets though.

once again thanks to all i need all the help i can get!

+ Reply to Thread