+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Priest[healing] T10 4pc Redesigned for 3.3.3!

Priest[healing] T10 4pc Redesigned for 3.3.3!

Priest Tier-10 4-Piece Healing Set Bonus: Redesigned. This bonus now increases the effectiveness of the caster's Power Word: Shield and Renew spells by 5%.
    ======================

Hmmm... I'm now considering chasing this.

lmao

I hate everybody.

Im sorry but id rather keep the bonuses as they are now.

That is just ridiculous.

I saw that and I am really upset.

The current rng 4pc is still a little better. Renew's not bad, but I would like the bonus to focus more on highly used spells rather than lower ones.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

I'm not saying its the greatest, but at least it isn't a convoluted RNG proc. Yes, it is much more attractive to Disc than Holy.

I like the reliability but it depends if it's additive or multiplicative bonus.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

I will take this for what it is, an acknowledgment of a problem and an admission of defeat.

I'll take this for what it is too, the world's most boring T10 setbonus ever.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Imo, I liked the old 4p set bonus. Yeah it was RNG, but it helped on heavy raid aoe (festergut, sindragosa).
    I play a Disc priest and have my powerauras setup to lemme know when Penance is ready.
    It was helpfull, but now its gone.

So moving to the new one:
    My Question is this: How will the calculations work now?
    I have a macro to calculate the amount that can be absorbed by my PW:S, where will this 5% be added into the calculation?
    My current calculation is this:
    (Directly from wowwiki)
    (base_absorb+(0.8068+0.08*BT)*sp)*(1+0.05*IMP)*(1+ 0.02*FP)*(1+0.01*TD)
    • base_absorb is the base absorb given the PW:S which is 2230 at the moment
    • BT is your Borrowed Time level
    • SP is your Spell Power
    • IMP is your Improved Power Word: Shield level
    • FP is your Focused Power level
    • TD is your Twin Disciplines level
    Will the new 5% just be added at the back of this calculation?
    Last edited by Drag0nsAng3l; 03-03-2010 at 01:42 AM.

for some one that used renew a lot that is really good for me ( sorry i thing it cool)

I decided to get the T10 2 set piece bonus last night after getting a lucky drop in VoA 25 and having some spare emblems. And after a night in ICC it healed for a MASSIVE total of 28k. Can I have my frost back please? :/

I'm mildly intrigued by this. Especially depending if it's additive or multiplicative. As Holy primarily and running 75-90% of the time without a disc Priest, I end up actually using bubble on some fights, so if I manage to squeeze out the 4pc from tokens it'll be a nice boost to both my Renew-spamming raid healing and the times when I choose to bubble, it's not great, but imo better than the wickedly RNG aspect of the previous one.

I (suprisingly) like the current 4 piece bonus, and I was prepared to dislike it. It added an element of fun, at least for me. Perhaps the new bonus is better numbers wise, but it is indeed, the most boring set bonus ever. Also, I really dislike renew spamming and I'm bored to tears when I'm in an aura fight and I end up doing it. I feel like a gimped druid when I do it (and I do have a healing druid and shaman that alt raid ICC).
    Last edited by Benea; 03-03-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling

It may not be fun, but it produces good numbers. It's weaker than an equally (or even slightly less) geared Druid Rejuv, but it helps a lot with our HPS. I can keep it up on my primary 7-10 targets on fights like Festergut, coupled with CoH and PoM on CD and PoH as needed and I'm usually right up there with the better geared Shamans I run with normally. No chance at catching the Druid, but, the Shamans are within reach! This could help me push ahead of them consistently if it's additive.

Oh hey, I actually have a reason to pick up the 4pc now. Thanks Blizzard. Looks boring, but whatever.

I think part of the issue is that there are multiple viable playstyles as a priest healer, both in discipline and holy, so finding set bonuses that are useful for everyone is... challenging given Blizzard's design goals.

I do not think designing a 4pc would be hard for multiple playstyles. Off the top of my head:

4PC: The weakened soul debuff duration has been reduced by 2sec and your renew can now crit.

Boom. Useful for both specs, bonus1 more useful for Disc, bonus2 more useful for holy.

Except that Disc will double dip the effectiveness of that buff far more than Holy. Disc typically uses Renew a fair amount along with their bubble, Holy depends on your playstyle, you could use it very minimally or as one of your primary abilities. Some Holy Priests only use renew on one or two fights and other fights only as constant added healing on the tank, so those Holy Priests wouldn't get much of anything out of that 4pc bonus, as it is now, those same people are affected the same way by this 4pc.

Something that affects all playstyles of both classes would have to affect the primary abilities of each tree, Penance + CoH, or PoM & PoH, but in an interesting way or non-complete RNG way at the least.

Each time your ProM jumps, it has a 20% chance to spawn an additional "ball" with 1 charge?

umm from logs and experience the majority of disc priests cast renew max 2x a fight in general even when specced for renew (and these weren't your 3 day casuals). Fact is if anything a set bonus like the one Spiritus suggested would make renew worth casting, maybe.

While a majority of holy priests, guess what they renew spam, there aren't alot of flash heal supporters out there...

And realise any change to CoH, PoH and Penance would either make 1 good bonus or none, theres no middle ground with those spells. Penance being too good would be a pvp problem again, CoH being too good would be even more of an issue than smart heals are now and PoH just isn't good enough for disc to even consider. Both specs do use PoM although not equal it is a bonus that could work.

2 set should have been changed as well it really is a poor bonus (or rather the only worse ones i can think of off the top of my head were t6 for druids and ret paladins...)

The current intended change would do but 5% is a pretty small number overall compared to say the average spellpower a disc priest would gain from 4 part t8 or even the t9 2 set. However it shows the players that they are aware it isn't quite right in the state of denmark.

I am pretty sure any decent disc priest will use renew during weakened soul while pumping out penance and flash heals to smooth out the damage and not just "max 2x a fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamasan View Post
    I am pretty sure any decent disc priest will use renew during weakened soul while pumping out penance and flash heals to smooth out the damage and not just "max 2x a fight"
    Please I played and analysed the spec for a good 4-5 months, No one used renew efficiently because its not worth a GCD for disc its as simple as that. The miniscule tick ammount doesn't really contribute anything to stabillity. Also 'decent' by what means of measure because I healed without renew for all of Ulduar and ToTGC.

Max 2x a fight is taken from logs of people in guilds on silvermoon using imp renew talents because I questioned my own talent choices only to find that people with imp renew and divine fury didn't actually use the spells that they had taken talents to benefit. More to the point, I never had any use for renew beyond healing people running back from Algalon wipes.

Flash heal is a much better filler when tank healing then placing a renew due to divine aegis. For raid healing theres always someone else to pw:s...Druids are for hots not disc priests. Not to mention renew is terribly inefficient for the most part having 60% overheal...so you may aswell cast flash atleast then you have a chance of having divine aegis shields.
    Last edited by Nicki; 03-04-2010 at 08:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread