+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My damage is low and often variable...

My damage is low and often variable...

Hi all.
    I am a unholy DK with 5638 GS, 1T9 Set 1 T10 set.
    Char is Eulos - Caelestrasz server.
    Am not sure where i am wrong, i know my rotation is perfect i make sure to utilize my cooldowns.
    Do help me out at my gear or where ever i be wrong,
    I spec'ed blood as well, but never really have used it.

PS: DPS is between 2.5 in heroic dungeons and 7-8k in 25 Man ICC (AOE) 3-5k in 25/10 Man ICC(Single target)
    PS: Too many questions arise on my skill i am unsure where i go wrong.

Too much hit. Glyph of Disease and Scourge Strike are bad, replace them with Ghoul and Dark Death. Your spec looks fine.

Hey Bling,

Am unholy DK, Disease i use to refresh the timer of the diseases to cause more damage aint i?
    Scourge strike is the strike with max dps too :-(

Will make the changes and update u.. Thanks m8...

PS: Hit is with the gear, no luck with rolls for new gear.

Glyph of Disease no longer rolls the higher disease values and isn't worth it. I'm not a theory crafter and can't give you the math or reason behind it but Scourge Strike glyph hasn't ever been a glyph of choice. Unholy builds have 2/2 Epidemic which makes diseases last just long enough to complete 2 full rotations so extending them through the glyph would only mess with the rotation.

Sweet thanks bling..
    It was as u expected, change was visible..
    Have to use in actual raid to know more.. will keep u updated..

Thanks a ton...!

You should probably also use the subfrost UH spec. At your level of gear, reaping blood or subfrost are your best bets (and generally the former requires at least 4pT10).

I have a similar problem. I know my hit is a little high, and I can drop it a little by using an alternative ring that I dont have on right now. I was hoping someone could take a look, and maybe make a few suggestions.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Cheese+Pirates

your time and input is appreciated
    -Jack

The easiest way to drop hit and people don't consider it for various reasons is to equip the mirror of truth over the mark of supremacy. Seriously, it'll be a dps gain.

Also, you don't need to enchant hit, there's really no reason to when you're that high. For that matter, you don't really have to care about expertise wither since, Unholy doesn't suffer too much from being below the expertise cap (although someone can correct me on this as I'm not 100% sure on this).

You have quite a few pieces of pvp gear, but I think they're high enough quality that any easily got replacement will be a sidegrade.

Yeah mirror of truth would have been a good choice, i aint using it anyways...

BTW, can you tell me what sigil to go for?
    I have 30EoF left, i am willing to use it up, but based on
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...ul_day/#Sigils

They have said sigil specific to a fight, can u tell me precisely is it a good choice that i wont regret later on. pl!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktorrance View Post
    I have a similar problem. I know my hit is a little high, and I can drop it a little by using an alternative ring that I dont have on right now. I was hoping someone could take a look, and maybe make a few suggestions.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Cheese+Pirates

your time and input is appreciated
    -Jack
    Your spec looks ok but if you're using pvp gear for pve I would replace it. Regarding your hit, you will probably need to swap out at least 100 rating to get closer to the 8% cap so just a ring won't do it. As suggested before, maybe swap Icewalker with the AP enchant. What sort of rotation do you use? Both Tankspot and Elitist Jerks have great guides on dps and give some good suggestions on how to maximize your dps.

Doing things like summoning AotD and using an Indestructible potion pre-pull will be a dps gain. Get a good timer bar addon such as Need to Know so you can line up procs when summoning your Gargoyle. I generally pop it after my first rotation because most of my procs are up at the start of a boss. There's an interesting discussion going on in the Unholy threat on Elitist Jerks about a method they named "Gargoyle Twisting". You spin around 180 degrees from the boss and then summon your Gargoyle which will cause it to fly up and slightly away from the boss, which will cause it to start casting. The Gargoyle has bad AI and it likes to melee bosses sometimes which is a dps loss. Gargoyle Twisting helps fix this.

Great advice.

I use the rotation from here on tank spot.

I didnt even realize I had any inchants with hit. Got those fixed. Went ahead and did some re-gemming for exp just to see what the difference is.

Thanks for the quick replies. Really appreciate the input.

Thanks Bling,

"Gargoyle Twisting" need to try that, havent tried that till now..
    DPS with proper buffs, is cool.. to over 5k in 10 man and over 7k in 25 man.. thanks a lot.

Gargoyle Twisting is a more advanced method that takes a lot of practice to get it right, so if you feel it's awkward and can't seem to get it down then just don't worry about it. The idea is being able to pull it off without affecting your rotation that much and missing minimal or no auto attacks.

+ Reply to Thread