+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to go from here, Armor/Gem thoughts

Where to go from here, Armor/Gem thoughts

I'm always trying to do better. I've been a MT for less than a year. I've been focused on knowing the fights, be prepared, and gemming/enchanting for what i thought was the best way to go....

My question: I am still unsure if I am doing it right?? As you can see from my armory link, I'm gemmed for nothing but 30 stam. 41459 unbuffed, 45k with sanc, and usually after full buff in ICC, i top out at almost 57k. With the buff going up in the near future, and gaining 5% life. Should I start to change some of my gems? If so, to what.... I'm going to change my shoulder enchant when the increase in ICC shows up to the exalted Hodir enchant. But I'd really love multiple opinions here on how to adjust my gem choices to maximize my usefulness. Right now, I'm a mana sink...but I can take the hits without worrying much about dying. Now I want to make my healers lives a bit easier especially now that we've cleared Professor and the Princes and heading into trickier content. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Miazma

No.
    Keep doing what you're doing. You are not a "mana sink". Healers are gonna spam you whether or not you have an extra 3% avoidance at the cost of a huge amount of EH. You are making their lives easy by making AD have a huge range, stacking hp and armor, and playing correctly.

That said, spec out of divinity, into crusade, and swap your glove enchant for EH. It will make you a better tank (more EH and more threat). Also, look into a replacement for blade ward, IMO. Blood draining will do more to keep you alive.

Why can't i figure out what EH stands for lol. I'll try those talent changes though. Thank you

Search "effective health" on this site. Then read all about the only thing that you should be worried about adding to your gear.
    ;-)

EH = Effective Health. It is a way of equating stamina and armor. The equation for EHP for HP to armor is = HP/(1-% reduction from armor)

The total formula gets a little more complex when you factor in modifiers and other reduction effects. The more complicated form for pallies and warriors is:

baseHP + non scaling hps (like 275 HP to chest) + stam*(1.09)*(1.1)*(1.05) ..........//1.09 = stam modifer 1.1 = sanc modifier 1.05 = ICC modifier
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1-reduc from armor)(1-reduc from sanc)(1-reduc from RF)(1-reduc from inspiration effects)

In an even more simplistic form, 1 stam is worth roughly 11 armor. There are a bunch of decimals there and (as you can see based on the equation) it varies depending on your current HP and armor levels, so the difference is more prevalent at significantly larger levels, but at low comparisons the estimation works well.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    EH = Effective Health. It is a way of equating stamina and armor. The equation for EHP for HP to armor is = HP/(1-% reduction from armor)

The total formula gets a little more complex when you factor in modifiers and other reduction effects. The more complicated form for pallies and warriors is:

baseHP + non scaling hps (like 275 HP to chest) + stam*(1.09)*(1.1)*(1.05) ..........//1.09 = stam modifer 1.1 = sanc modifier 1.05 = ICC modifier
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1-reduc from armor)(1-reduc from sanc)(1-reduc from RF)(1-reduc from inspiration effects)

In an even more simplistic form, 1 stam is worth roughly 11 armor. There are a bunch of decimals there and (as you can see based on the equation) it varies depending on your current HP and armor levels, so the difference is more prevalent at significantly larger levels, but at low comparisons the estimation works well.
    Ok that makes my head hurt. But I get your point, all that text means stack stamina and armor :-D

actually I realized my equation is a little off because ICC scales with non-scaling HP, so really there should be brackets around everything on top with 1.05 outside of those brackets. I probably missed some modifiers here and there, but you get the general idea. (general idea /salute).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread