+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Arms] Just looking for a quick glance over

[Arms] Just looking for a quick glance over

Lo folks,

With our abundance of tanks in our guild (and recently healers as well!) I may need to fill a raid spot as a dps instead of my usual role of tank or healer.

I've logged out in my dps gear to see if someone a bit more knowledgeable about arms dps can have a quick look to see if the gear etc is good enough and it's a case of me getting into the dps abilites and so on. I think the talent spec should be ok, perhaps just some advice if I am gemming/enchanting up correctly.

My armoury link - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Pitstarter

However, I have a few bits of 251 gear that I have yet to enchant or gem up, but plugging them into Landsouls' sheet seems to indicate a decrease in output if I am using it correctly. I can only guess this could be down to losing the 4T9 bonus? The items in question are Blade-Scored Carapace, Throatrender Handguards and/or Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Gauntlets.

On Festergut last night I am told I pulled 5.7k dps on someone's recount, but I never found out if that was peak or average. I'll try to get a log of the next run for some reference.

Since this is my offspec I don't really have first line access to plate dps gear. I get mostly the scraps from the table, but I do have an overabundance of Triumph badges. The Frost badges are getting saved for Prot gear however.

So I'd be most appreciative if someone could give my little dwarf a glance over and then it's just a case of getting my groove on with priorities.
    Tank Skills? √ Healer Skills? √
    DPS Skills? Still trying to find them.
    www.angryaces.eu - recruitment open

Moved to HALP forum, even though this is dps related, all armory lookups generally belong in the HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

First thing's first. You need to get hit capped. 263 is the magic number (8%) The 4 piece T9 is pretty lame and I imagine you'll see more dps gains from the Sanctified gauntlets and maybe the chest (haste is kind of a crap stat for Arms.)
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Looking now, I do agree the hit rating seems somewhat low at 6.04%. It's pretty much given that we have an alliance crutch (aka space goat) with every raid for the +1% hit, so thats just around 30 hit rating extra I need to find.

Regards to the 4t9, I did find it strange that landsoul's sheet suggested more dps using it compared to the Blade-Scored Carapace and Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Gauntlets. I'm going to have to sandbox a bit to jiggle gems and enchants.
    Tank Skills? √ Healer Skills? √
    DPS Skills? Still trying to find them.
    www.angryaces.eu - recruitment open

bloodshed band the 245 triumph ring has hit on it so that may sort your hit issues out
    id also go farm banner of victory from toc 5 norm as its better than chorium coaster

actually id pick up both of the 245 rings tbh (dextrous something is the other 1)
    then go for frost cloak if u got enough emblems spare.

ur Arp is currently about 25% so with NES proc ur not hitting 100% which will make a big differance to ur dps
    i think u need around another 10% arp to be hitting 100% on proc

+ Reply to Thread