+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Zerg

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766

    Starcraft II -- Wings of Liberty Zerg




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    annnd it's up


    did they patch the inject to 5? i thought it was always 4. pretty sure it's still 4.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    803
    I'm pretty sure you're correct, Kazey.

    I didn't realize roaches regen'd so quickly underground, though. That's pretty impressive (and I suppose one of the reasons people call them OP).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Volador View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're correct, Kazey.

    I didn't realize roaches regen'd so quickly underground, though. That's pretty impressive (and I suppose one of the reasons people call them OP).
    They actually just got nerfed, which doesn't show in this video. They still regen very quickly though.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    annnd it's up


    did they patch the inject to 5? i thought it was always 4. pretty sure it's still 4.
    You're right, I'm bad at math.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    fun race though, always a tough challenge for terrans, my latest TvZ games have devolved into back and forth map control until i get enough raven's to push out and win with good HSM attacks.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  7. #7
    Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
    AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
    Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg)

    Success!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Hi lore and tankspot readers

    u are doing really good work, and efforts in the marmot and warcraft vids as a whole and i would like to give u this compliment since i should have done it earlier.
    However, this StarCraft thing that u post in the main page is totally not interesting me and imho shouldnt be with in this site, at least not in the main page. for me and others this is a Warcraft site not a Blizzard games\promotion site.
    I would like to see more "digging" to game aspects, strats for boss fights, something that can cover up all fights mechanics through WoW history can be an awesome project imo, things like conducting the "right" setup per boss fight (alternative setups) and more discussions about this kind of stuff which i find much more relevant to the game itself. ( maybe tips for bleeding edge raiders too. maybe how to overcome difficulties with creative ideas dealing with a new encounter - even based on past encounters, give the mechanic and suggest how to overcome it)
    I believe this can and will contribute to raiders to be better in what they will face and hopefully we will see less low skilled players and more quality raids ( hopefully pugs wouldnt be rediculously crap, and we would see more and more 25men guilds able to progress through instances). imho blizzard taking false tact letting people to gear up fast so "they have the gear to beat the content" and to deal with encounter without letting them ingame the way to learn how to be a raider. most new people to the game never ever done similar thing like raid, they dont know what to expect they know very little, and even this is brearly being execute in the right time. if i would take it to FPS games for an example i would say in the main page u have tutorial how to use your abilities, in WoW u have zero info how to raid, even in the lowest levels. skill from questing is most of the time just not enough for the raiding guild, not even to the bad ones.

    i would like to hear moderators opinion about this.
    have a wonderful day
    Last edited by krembo; 03-30-2010 at 03:11 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by krembo View Post
    i would like to hear moderators opinion about this.
    have a wonderful day
    Moderator's opinion: We offer more content than we used to. Not different content. Starcraft movies are in addition to our Warcraft movies and people who enjoy them are absolutely more important than people who feel inconvenienced by seeing that we make them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Moderator's opinion: We offer more content than we used to. Not different content. Starcraft movies are in addition to our Warcraft movies and people who enjoy them are absolutely more important than people who feel inconvenienced by seeing that we make them.
    thanx for the quick reply, however.. i didnt know we have "classes" of readers in this site and that 1 class is not as important as the other.
    tbh.. its a shame. i had the impression this site has no bias and has great synergy with its visitors so it can be beter.

    as a dedicate reader\visiter\raider i must admit i am a bit insulted and surprised to discover i am "class b" reader in this site.

    fare well

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by krembo View Post
    thanx for the quick reply, however.. i didnt know we have "classes" of readers in this site and that 1 class is not as important as the other.
    tbh.. its a shame. i had the impression this site has no bias and has great synergy with its visitors so it can be beter.

    as a dedicate reader\visiter\raider i must admit i am a bit insulted and surprised to discover i am "class b" reader in this site.

    fare well
    So, you're not being catered to? You're not getting every boss encounter as they're completed by the competent staff here? You're not getting every bit of content you would normally get PLUS the added Weekly Marmot + Starcraft 2 information? I'm just curious what you're NOT getting on Tankspot that you expect to get. Care to enlighten me (and the crew that puts together the site/vids/strats/etc)?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by krembo View Post
    thanx for the quick reply, however.. i didnt know we have "classes" of readers in this site and that 1 class is not as important as the other.
    tbh.. its a shame. i had the impression this site has no bias and has great synergy with its visitors so it can be beter.

    as a dedicate reader\visiter\raider i must admit i am a bit insulted and surprised to discover i am "class b" reader in this site.

    fare well
    Ask yourself, "Because of this starcraft video, is there less warcraft related info on the site?" The answer to that question is no, which is the point I think cider was trying to get at. Personally, I am not a fan of starcraft so I choose not to watch these videos, but am I turned off by the fact they are here? No.

    either way, this discussion has nothing to do with stacraft or warcraft so we should probably get back on topic instead of continuing this flame war.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Anyway moving on from whatever that was.....

    Nice video Lore, I'm enjoying the Beta Journals. I really like the bio feel of this race.

    How many total races/factions are there to chose from?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    803
    There will be three total races: Terran, Zerg, and Protoss.

    There will be a departure from Starcraft (and Warcraft for that matter) in the way the game and the expacs are released though. Instead of one game with 9-10 missions for each race, there will be 3 games. Each game will have 25-30 missions for it's respective race. Terrans are up first. I really hope that they release the expacs quicker than they have with other games though. Playing that long of a campaign for each race, and then waiting for the next one could be a bit aggrivating.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Ask yourself, "Because of this starcraft video, is there less warcraft related info on the site?" The answer to that question is no, which is the point I think cider was trying to get at. Personally, I am not a fan of starcraft so I choose not to watch these videos, but am I turned off by the fact they are here? No.

    either way, this discussion has nothing to do with stacraft or warcraft so we should probably get back on topic instead of continuing this flame war.

    Hey darksend,

    the answer is no.
    its not we get less wow related content, not at all, and i am greatful for the site contribution, so dont get me wrong.

    its just am not a big fan of starcraft too, and as i percept this site as a WoW site, i felt that lately moderators enrich the site in a different way, which i found irrelevant to the game (wow) i like. maybe my opinion is not like others though and i respect that.
    i like this site its reliabbility and in fact i do watch the vids for all the encounters no matter SC2 vids.

    i had an idea in my mind which i think can be nice to implement if any of you think it is right stuff.

    and you are right, flamewar leads to dead end, lets get on track. there are still bosses for us to take down.
    cheers and gl with lk hc.

    @Volador - read my post again, it is NOT about what i dont get, it is about i GET another game which personally i find irrelevant to the site. now we can argue on that till dawn but i am not the moderator, i was pointing an issue and i got cider's reply, and its cool.
    Last edited by krembo; 03-30-2010 at 07:36 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Krembo:

    You're making a mountain out of a molehill, here. You seem to have the attitude that something is being taken away from you just because the Starcraft video is occasionally posted here. As if there'd be something else there in it's place.

    There wouldn't be.

    This is something additional, which you are entirely free to not look at, just like everything else on this site. You find it irrelevant, yes, we get that, and I'm sure a few others do as well. But Starcraft is a Blizzard product, some of us play other Blizzard products, and while the main thrust of the site is about Warcraft and as far as I know will remain that way, that doesn't mean it has to restrict itself to Warcraft and nothing but for all eternity.

    TLDR what you personally find irrelevant and take exception to, others do not. Skip what you don't like. Enjoy the rest.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    Here's the thing, Tankspot is still tankspot, there's a dozen different forums where everything and anything about wow is being discussed, from dps, to healing to tanking, to encounter videos, to strategy, to guild discussions. That's all still here.

    Weekly Marmot, while being PART of tankspot, has never been, and will never be, a WoW centric subsection of our community. It is a place, where our authors can discuss things that they feel is interesting or reaches out to our community. Lore does his weekly marmots about wow, Aliena does hers about healing and whatever else interests her. Lore does these Starcraft II ones because HE likes the game, and knows others share the same sentiment. You don't have to watch them, like darksend doesn't. While your opinion is always welcome, it isn't always warranted. What you're demanding here is that we narrow ourselves because you can't be bothered to ignore something you don't want to read. By that same logic, we should remove the healing forums because since you're a tank, you probably don't bother going over to that forum either.

    Tankspot is still tankspot, we just have more content to give you, read what you want, watch what you want, but don't try to take away from other people's enjoyment of our content because you don't like it.

    Cider was not calling you a class b citizen, but you have to understand that by making demands like this, you make it very easy to misconstrue your "intentions" as an insult to the authors and staff who work very hard and into the late night to provide you all content to enjoy. Lots of people do enjoy our content, across all boards, others like darksend don't necessarily like it all but realize that they aren't being FORCEFED the other content and are free to ignore what he doesn't like. People who like to complain because they somehow feel entitled to about something that doesn't exist, well those people make all of our lives harder, and as such, would appreciate it if those types of players would leave their attitudes in the WoW forums.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,545
    Just because this site started as a place for tanks doesn't mean tanks don't play other roles or other games. Personally I'm hoping some day we get a SC2 section like the old sections for other MMOs.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    154
    Hey Lore, as a player of the first Starcraft and expansion would you say the game play is easier or harder? I mean the actual interface and controlling units etc.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    97
    I'd say it's a little too early to tell, but so far, what I see that you micro different aspects of your play. Instead of micro'ing workers to different mineral patches and selecting each production building to make units, you need to keep up with using chrono boost/spawn larva/mule usage. With new AI mechanics for units, melee can surround easier and ranged are better with attacking while chasing, but now you need to do more scouting because counters are harder now.

    I'm also hoping a SC2 sub forum would pop up one day :P

    As for content on tankspot, these days youtube can host every tutorial vid out there now. Also, more content is better than less.
    Everything is FABULOUS with warrior tanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts