+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badge upgrades and rules of thumb

Badge upgrades and rules of thumb

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ts&cn=Kalshore (please note, I use the trinket "Muradin's Spyglass" for when I use my destruction spec)

Hey everyone. Recently I have had some very good fortune with ICC drops. However, I am at a point where I am unsure what to spend my embalems of frost on. While it would seem obviouse to buy the tier items, being a Warlock it's not quite as simple as that.

My helm, for example, has more spirit and more base SP than the tier 10 helm. However the tier 10 helm has a bit more haste and ALOT more crit. After recently buying the robes I currently have (replacing my last bit of tier 9), haste has alot higher value to me than it did before.

There is a simular problem with my legs. If I took the T10 legs, I would then have more hit allowing me to drop points in supression. But, while I would gain a small ammount of SP more, I would loose ALOT of haste.

And then theres the factor of; is it worth it in the short term when the tier 10 set bonus would help me in the long term? Is it worth waiting to get those bonuses, or would I get more benefit from the items I currently have?

My guild currently has 4/12 bosses in ICC25 down and we have just started again running regular 25 mans. We have 8/12 bosses downed in ICC10 man (normal) and we are currently working on Blood Queen Lana'Thel and Valithria Dreamwalker. So we obviously are not doing heroics yet.

I would also like to ask for some general rules of thumb when it comes to items. I know that my geming piorities are Pure SP --> SP + Haste for yellow sockets (when socket bonus is above 7sp) ---> SP + Spirit (When needed for meta gem and/or socket bonus is above 7sp). As I said earlyer, I have found that haste takes a greater priority than spirit as it allows me to spam more incinerates (or shadowbolts) and thus do more damage overall. However I would like to know, what values should generaly be considerd worth loosing spirit over? Where does crit come into this in terms of priority and what I can stand to loose?

Finaly, any general gear upgrade/improvment advice you can give will be more than helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Edit: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...&name=Kalshore I would give the correct link since my realm is now Chamber of Aspects, but for some reason WoW heroes won't actualy give me a correct link to my character. This link is in case the armoury doesn't want to work.
    Last edited by Kalshore; 03-29-2010 at 04:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread