+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ret pally

ret pally

i play a ret pally and i cant get my dps past 2.5k how can i get it up

here my ger if u wanna look at it http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arg&cn=Kirolas

Well you have intellect gems, your way over hitcapped and you have a hit gem, not to mention your lack of gems and no enchants, by your gear i cannot tell if your pvp or pve. You also have JC at 450 and and no 34 Strength gems.

Ok first your talent spec needs some work. I would recommend http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVzZVZVfbtbIuhdIfsu . For gems your going to want to put a 20str gem in every thing unless its a yellow socket with a bonus of 4str or more in which case go 10str 10crit. Make sure you are using seal of vengeance/corruption. Also for major glyphs use the vengeance glyph for 10 expertise, consecration glyph, and judgment glyph. Also make sure you are using the correct priority

As was previously stated way too much hit rating, you are pushing the dual wield cap for rogues which is overboard. Basically the way stats work for pve ret pally; STR > CRIT > HASTE > ARMOR PEN, while keeping your hit over 263 rating and your expertise with vengeance glyph at 26. You are 390ish hit rating over par. I would use triumph badges to pick up your t 9.0 Chest Helm Legs and Shoulders. Also get a darkmoon card of greatness for +90 STR if you can afford one. I would also look at maybe going back to a Mirror of Truth from the heroism vendor. You would proabbly see a decent dps upgrade with the crit rating versus all that hit on your current trinkets.

Mostly its a gear/gem/enchant issue resolve these easy changes and you should jump into the 4500-5k dps range. After you pick up all these changes, if you are still shooting low we can discuss your dps priority/rotation. My ret pally is horridly geared due to my warrior being constantly busy, but with a 4k GS im still able to push 5k in ten man icc (and thats swinging an ilvl 219 2hander).
    Last edited by Lynnx; 03-28-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: My horrible spelling!

As already stated, your spec needs some serious work. And yes, get rid of some hit.

If you want to max out your dps you can't be afraid to spend some money. There is no way you're gonna get much higher dps without enchanting your gear and socketing correctly. I see so many missing enchants, and the few sockets you actually have filled; most are filled wrong. Str or str/crit is def the way to go, but make sure you're using good gems. Scrap the pvp gear, scrap the cheap gems, scrap the wrong gems (int, hit, res), enchant your gear and you should do ok.

Asking why you can't get higher dps without gemming/enchanting is like asking why you can't beat a porsche in your elantra

Moved to HALP forum, where personal armory lookups belong.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread