+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fudandragg's UI.

Fudandragg's UI.

Here's the picture of it - It's mainly for the resolution of 1280 x 768 (widescreen)

Addons used;
    Atlas Loot
    Button Facade
    Sexy Map
    Simple Map
    Dominos
    Recount
    Omen
    Xperl
    Quartz
    Satrina Buff Frames
    Titan Panel
    Parrot
    TipTac
    Grid
    DeadlyBossMods

This will be soon to be uploaded asap.
    Please rate/Comment
    Fud.
    'Smash through obstacles, with a heart of gold and a Mind of steel, Nothing can get in my way.'

Is this for raiding or questing? Why give the quest tracker such an important position?

Where are the threat meters? Are you that interested in dps/damage to give Recount prime position? If you install Skada you can have it switch to Threat during combat then back to damage done.

Also I would love to see a raid screenshot with raidframes.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    Is this for raiding or questing? Why give the quest tracker such an important position?

Where are the threat meters? Are you that interested in dps/damage to give Recount prime position? If you install Skada you can have it switch to Threat during combat then back to damage done.

Also I would love to see a raid screenshot with raidframes.
    It's in that position, because i thought it'd look good at that time, but i can chnage it around to suit raiding more.
    Threat Meters - The meters are above Aura's, but i can change it with the Recount so Omen is in a dominant position.

RAID SCREENSHOTS WILL BE UP ASAP.
    'Smash through obstacles, with a heart of gold and a Mind of steel, Nothing can get in my way.'

What I was getting at with those questions was: think about visual hierarchy. What information is important to you as a tank? What information is irrelevant to you as a tank?

The answer to those questions should guide your layout decisions, and your overall approach to UI design. "Because I thought it'd look good" suggests you haven't put a lot of thought into it.

Well, In my opinion for the hierarchy - I think the UI that i've created, Best suits my style of tanking, because the buttons/bars are all level with each other and it suits my style of tanking/healing.

And my approach to the overall UI wasn't "Because i thought it'd look good" - That was for the Quest Tracker.

And there is still some things i've got to add/remove with this UI, so i think of it as a Prototype at the moment.

Unless you like seeing yourself at the bottom of the meters that is a terrible position for Recount, IMO. Replace your player frame with the recount frame, or just leave the space open.

+ Reply to Thread