+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking too much damage

Taking too much damage

Every week now I take almost as much damage as the main tank on marrowgar and I don't know why. I'm one of the off tanks. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Dasacrifice There's a prot paladin keeping up judgement of the just, and he has vindication which is keeping up the ap debuff. Using shield block when it's off cooldown. Is there anything I can do? Did I do something wrong with my gear?

Can't see gear, but you only have 2/5 Toughness. Less armor = more damage taken. Fill that talent out, pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Can't see gear, but you only have 2/5 Toughness. Less armor = more damage taken. Fill that talent out, pronto.
    Can you suggest what to take points out of for it? 2 out of spell reflect, but where should I get the third?
    Last edited by Dasacrifice; 03-29-2010 at 03:27 AM.

take its out of imp spell reflect and u can take 1 point out of armed to the teeth, its what i did

Personally, I would take the points out of Imp spell reflect and 1 out of Shield Spec.

Really, even w/ that, you shouldnt have problems on Marrowgar. I had no issues w/ less gear earlier in the year. Your healers may be slow on your heals if you are dieing regularly.

The saber lashes (the cleave) is the biggest damage dealer on Marrowgar. Even as the OT you are going to take a large amount of damage, which is why we use 3 tanks on 25 man and 2 on 10 man.

If your looking for spec ideas check out the link to my armor in my sig line. The deep wounds spec gets used almost all the time. The one with Imp demo and max commanding is used for a few fights like blood queen to use shield wall every air phase and in my 10 man when we don't have another warrior to provide those.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I think your armor is rather low.

I'd try and get one of the armor chests as soon as you can, and replace one of your trinkets with the armor trinket from triumph badges.
    (Keep both the stamina ones around, so you can swap em out of high magic damage fights.)
    Yes, the armor trinket is less EH, but it will make you a lot easier to heal.

Why you think you can have a tank spec without every survival talent, I don't understand. Armor is your primary defensive stat, you need as much of it as you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

I recommend looking at Agg's prot warrior guide on the site. It should give you some good specs/tips/gear suggestions.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...12521030113321

Use this instead, or take 3 points from Shield Specialization to put in Focused Rage. Either way it's leaps and bounds ahead of your spec. Sacrificing a free 6% armor is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I agree with the aforementioned diagnosis. Drop take the points out of spell reflect and put them into imp revenge and either 3 out of shield spec or focused rage and put them into toughness.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Aside from what everyone else has said (which I agree with).

You probably want to look into getting improved revenge. And I might even recommend you moving away from all those AoE glyphs (that is if you ever get to tank single target fights).

+ Reply to Thread