+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot PvP Halp!

Prot PvP Halp!

Curious what the best route to go for gemming as a prot warrior doing pvp these days. Armor Pen or STR?

Also Ive noticed I do quite well in my normal PvE tanking set, so I'm wondering how much help Resil is. Also if Resil is a great option, how much should I be aiming for?

I logged out in my pvp set up. Link is in my sig line. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    -Boda
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Hi Bodasafa,

i run with a combination of pvp and pve dps gear. Thats allows me to reach 50% arp and 28% crit with 26k armor and around 500 resil. At moment i havn't reach the 500 resil, because off two pve tank pieces, which i will change asap to pvp gear. I think 500 resil is a good value again dotting lock or shadow, against the other classes it's for prot not so important. And i gem an combination of arp and str, so i reach 50% arp with two pieces pve dps T9 and battle stance (16% arp), so i've free gems for str.

regards devil

this is the setup i run whenever i get bored of arms pvp and just farm some bg's: http://chardev.org/?profile=384523

alot of top end prot warriors in arenas use less than half the resilience i use, but mostly due to them having a dedicated healer and much better reaction times to use cd's. more resilience is like a buffer, i've 1v3'd quite a few ppl in ab in this setup while holding a node by myself. getting some sort of pve dps gear and throw some pvp gear into the mix and you'll have a good set, and you'll see a big difference in your numbers with an arp/crit set.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I actually have quite a bit of DPS gear that I snagged before it went to shard in 10/25 ICC, guess I should mix that in with the pvp gear and gem arp.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread