+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some advise (prot warrior)

Need some advise (prot warrior)

Hey everyone, i was refered to come here for advise from the WoW tanking forums. Just looking for some overall advise and a look over. Im doing ToC25, ICC10(with my guild), and pugging ICC25 when i can. thanks in advance, My warrior armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wynn&n=Kilikai

Only a few things I would suggest as far as gemming/enchanting/trinkets go. Gemming is fine, for enchanting I would suggest blood draining over mongoose and 18 stam to shield. For trinkets, pick up glyph of indominability and the black heart asap. Replace the black heart once you get Jug's Vitality out of ToC25.

As far as gear goes, get Pillars of Might crafted if you can, your next frost emblem piece should either be gloves or chest.

Spec is fine, though I'd suggest either going 3/3 FR and 2/5 Shield spec or 5/5 Shield spec and 0/3 FR, but that is kind of a personal preference anyways so there's nothing really wrong with 3/5 SS and 2/3 FR.

Looks pretty solid for the content you are doing to me other than trinkets.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

so i should take gloves or chest over the skeleton key? Trinkets are a big thing for me right now, ive been wanting to get rid of the gossamer for a while but the heart won't drop for me. As far as expertise is concerned, i am low and wondering if i should replace my helm with the triumph badge helm for more expertise

If your expertise is low then definitely pick up the frost badge chest next. It will solve the majority of your expertise problems. As far as gloves > trinket, yes absolutely. The Skeleton key is very good and you should probably get that after the gloves, but the black heart, glyph of indominability, and juggernaut's vitality are all very solid trinkets to use while you wait.

Glyph of indom is worth about 170ish stamina. Jug's vit 245 is 192 stamina, so since the badge trinket is 226 stam, you're only looking at a 56 stam max gain, which is a LOT, BUT the armor/stam gained from the helm and gloves are a far bigger upgrade. If you can't get Jug's Vitality out of ToC25 then maybe pick up TSK after your chest.

I guess it depends on what you think you have available. If you can't get a better trinket then sure go for TSK first if it will provide you with the biggest upgrade (with your current gear you're using a dodge trinket so it is a HUGE upgrade), It also kinda depends on how fast you can get badges. I personally really like the T9 helm. But If you want to go TSK -> Honor Bound -> Gloves -> Chest I'd imagine that would be acceptable too.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread