+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury ICC dps not where it should be

Fury ICC dps not where it should be

Okay so I've posted about this before on the official wow forums to mixed responses and I THINK this is where I should post over here on TankSpot but I'm not sure. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

So I've been running ICC for a few weeks now and honestly I got thrown into it as my first real raids, literally no Ulduar, TOGC or Naxx experience. As a result I feel like I've been playing catch up since then, there is a lot about gear, stats and raiding I just never got to learn but am trying to now.

We can progress through first-wing ICC easily and one shot down bosses for the most part and plague works goes by slowly and I usually become a detriment to my guild at this point.

For example, I put out around 4k DPS last night on Festergut. I KNOW it should/needs to be higher than that but I'm doing everything I've read to and have regemmed multiple times.

Currently, I go in with a flask of rage and a fish buff and my rotation tends to be the standard WW > BS > BS > SLAM > WW and HS when rage permits. Although last night I was also trying to keep 5 sunders up.

I'm told people with comparable gear to mine are putting out 6k DPS steadily and I've never broken out of the 5's.

What should I doing? Am I gemming wrong, again? I've watched and tried to implement what I've learned from the TankSpot Fury DPS guide but there is still an obvious shortcoming in my DPS.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Also, it may be work noting that I haven't been able to use Landsouls spreadsheet without it making my Mac just faint at the macros...

Finally, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread or is too much of a beginner question, I've searched about every forum. I'll add my armory link below. Thank you!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ecus&cn=Mintee

I just realized I accidentally created a new thread instead of adding to a existing one, again I'm sorry...

456 hit when you only need 164 and 5 expertise when you need 26.

read the fury warrior guide stickied in the dps forum for a proper spec/rotation.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Your rotation seems off to me. What is BS? Do you mean Bloothirst (BT)? I hope you do! BloodSURGE (BS) is the proc when you instant Slam. So with your rotation you aren't even using BT. With your gear you shouldn't have too many rage issues on a fight like Festergut so spam the Heroic Strike button whenever it's available and try and keep it always queued up. Do keep a mindful eye on your rage and be ready to stop HSing if you get low.

I tend to BT>WW while keeping HS queued. Leaving Slam until you've stuck BT and WW on cooldown isn't always bad. However Slam usually has priority.

Taking a look today I see you have fixed some of the problems with Hit and gotten the Expertise up by regemming some stuff. I also notice that you have way too much Armor Pen for someone using the NES. The NES when it procs gives you roughly 48% Armor Pen. What you want to shoot for is around 52% Armor Pen then to bring your total up to 100%. Anything over this is wasted now. So you should be able to regem a lot of those Armor Pen Gems into +20 Strength and get your attack power up to over 5K. Two other suggetions I would think would help.

1) Move the +10 Nightmare Tear to your Head Slot item so that you activate that +8 Str. I know it's the same from your chest but that is a better place to go +20 Str x3.

2) I would try a replacement trinket for Mark of Supremacy. You don't need the hit. Go for the Expertise Tinket (Vengeance of the Forsaken) from ToC 10 which will help you not have to gem as much for it or either the Darkmoon Card Greatness +90 Str Trinket. Both of those will help you bridge the gap until you can get one of the BiS tinkets.

You definitely need Ramaladni's Blade of Culling and the Might of the Ocean Serpent to fix your expertise problems, so start farming the 10 man ICC first wing as best you can. If you can get Ramaladni's I'd replace CEC with it.

I strongly suggest you go with my spec / glyphs: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...gn=Steady+Hand

Unbridled Wrath only procs off white hits now, so its pretty craptastic. Heroic Fury is a great mobility talent in ICC, and Imp. Berserker Rage isn't very useful becasuse if you're ever in a rage drought bloodrage is enough.

Can you get us a World of Logs parse so we can see your ability usage? Your gearing is a little off but it's quite good ilevel wise. I'd expect more numbers from what you're saying you do.
    Last edited by Skyborn; 03-31-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromhead View Post
    I also notice that you have way too much Armor Pen for someone using the NES. The NES when it procs gives you roughly 48% Armor Pen. What you want to shoot for is around 52% Armor Pen then to bring your total up to 100%. Anything over this is wasted now. So you should be able to regem a lot of those Armor Pen Gems into +20 Strength and get your attack power up to over 5K. Two other suggetions I would think would help.
    This isn't necessarily true btw, NES uptime is only 17-19%. That means 81-83% of the time you're sitting at non-arp capped swings. for 81-83% of the time any additional ArP past the soft cap is providing benefit to your damage. But, since fury gains so much from Str i'd venture to say that you're assessment is true for this specific case, but it is not always true.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Personally I wouldn't regem strength. Eventually he's going to want to go for 100% passive armor pen, and he'll have to regem all over again. I don't think in this case it's what's holding his DPS back. I think he should just push to get better trinkets and more Expertise+ArmorPen items.
    Last edited by Skyborn; 03-31-2010 at 09:54 AM.

I do whirlwind bloodthirst then spam cleave/heroic strike at same time while hitting slam when it procs then back to whirlwind and bloodthirst it works really good im suualy pulling near top dps

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    This isn't necessarily true btw, NES uptime is only 17-19%. That means 81-83% of the time you're sitting at non-arp capped swings. for 81-83% of the time any additional ArP past the soft cap is providing benefit to your damage. But, since fury gains so much from Str i'd venture to say that you're assessment is true for this specific case, but it is not always true.
    I've read the same thing when going over guides for my warrior. I can't remember where I read it (sorry!) but it said that with a trinket you can continue to gem for ArP up to about 60-70%. Kaz pretty much hit it on the head. According to Elitist Jerks, the NES has a 15% uptime while Grim Toll/Mjolnir is 20%. It has a lower proc chance and it only procs off crits, unlike the other two that proc on any hit.

+ Reply to Thread