+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does hit affect crit on a Feral tank?

Does hit affect crit on a Feral tank?

I just picked up Bloodfall for my druid, and was comparing my stats to another similarly geared feral tank, I have more crit, and more agility, but her crit percentage is higher. I started playing around a bit and found that if I equipped Shaft of Glacial Ice (251 Polearm with considerably less crit and agility, but around 60 hit) my crit percentage went up about 6%. Does hit directly affect crit that much? Is there any other reason that the Shaft of Glacial Ice would have so much more crit than Bloodfall?

My guess is you went into cat or bear form for one weapon and not the other.

I was in Night Elf form for both...i kept switching it back and forth to look, because it didn't seem to make sense. In Night Elf form I was at 29% crit with Bloodfall and 35% crit with the shaft of glacial ice...

Check your weapon skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

try being in the form you want (cat or bear) for both and test it again, never do tests in caster

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Check your weapon skill.

This is the answer.

you have feral talents that boost your crit, weapon skill has nothing to do with it as a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Steakdinner View Post
    you have feral talents that boost your crit, weapon skill has nothing to do with it as a druid
    Only if you're in a feral form because feral combat skill is always maxed. When you're looking at your character sheet the numbers will vary depending on the form you are in which is why the prior posters are saying to compare it in both cases while in a form.

Hit and how it affects crit for melee can be found in the wowwiki article on Crit.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Crit

For melee DPS, increasing Hit removes part of the Miss from the combat table and adds that to the normal/crit portion of the combat table. Increasing your hit rating up to the hit hard cap will increase your crit cap. In functional practice against a boss, you may notice an increase in crit rate when you use some Hit gear because without it some of your Crit was over the cap and being wasted. This however should not affect the calculation used on the character sheet, the character sheet simply compares your combat rating to a target of the same level (400 attack skill if maxed versus 400 defense) and then factors in additional elements like crit rating, agility, buffs, talents, and so on.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

thank you, this is what i was thinking, but couldn't find it anywhere

+ Reply to Thread