+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Raid

Post Raid

I'm fairly new to raid leading but have gotten a pretty good handle on pre-raid and raid management, however I feel as if I am not doing everything I should be post raid. There are some nights where we do really well, and others where the raid is just a total flop and I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to get the most out of both outcomes. So what should I be doing post raid to help improve the performance of future runs?

i think post raid it really is just communication that is the key.
    it maybe not neccesary to trawl back through all your mistakes with everyone but just to let everyone know that if they have any points they wish to make then ur glad to listen.

As a raid leader i always try to keep contact with my regular raiders outside of raid times and try an be helpful in gearing etc etc

After each raid, I post topic like "Wednesday 24.3 ICC25: <description>" on our raiding forums to have a convenient place for post-raid discussion. This post includes links to DKP and WoL logs, as well as short summary on the raid.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

After our raids we post links to WoL and post an AAR (after action report) that includes the boss that downed/attempted and things we noticed that we need to work on. This opens the discussion up the guild and any comments, suggestions and strat changes can be made on the forums. We post this after each raid.

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of posting a summary of the raid on the forums and will get that in place very quickly. As for logs, I just started using them not too long ago, and am still trying to figure out what kinds of things I should be looking for. If you have any tips on what kinds of things I should be looking for that would be appreciated.

-- Thanks again --

Dex,
    In agreement with the posts above, we do the same. Logs actually have links to log sites, specifically for our guild's information (we use both World of Logs and Wowmeteronline). We have a Raid Week of 3/22 post in our raid discussion. It gets updated nightly- with any instances that are opened, what we done, how we did, what the plans are for the next night, and for discussion.

Depending on which one you use, depends on how much information you can get. I do more investigation from World of Logs - such as queries- i.e. Looking to see who was hit with Bloodbolts or stood in fire, got choking gas, etc. Either site shows you buffs/flasks. You can get healing analysis (if you are assigning out healing, did they heal their target) and dps analysis at a glance on WoM. Rotations are available on both. On WoL you can show deaths, causes (death information is on both) in a nifty graph- when hero/bloodlust was cast, rebirths - lots and lots of information - even if they used health stones. You can come up with specific queries to see who is getting impacted by whatever gib the encounter offers or what type of damage you're actually taking from something.

i.e. You tell rogue A to stay on the boss, you tell melee b to focus on add z while it's up. If the majority of dps time is on the boss for melee b and compared to other assigned dps to add z, you can tell someone isn't following instructions.

It's hard to fix the issue or determine what it is if you can't verify your instructions are being followed. (Yes, in an ideal world they are, but the reality is that people sometimes tend to do what they think they should do, not what they are instructed to do).
    Last edited by Onyxstar; 03-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Breaking Out Fat Bright Crayons for the raid challenged since 2005!
    Blood & Glory
    Currently recruiting CORE RAIDERS & Casual members, apply here!

Thanks Onyxstar for the post. I'm just now starting to understand how much information I can actually get from combat logs, and your post showed me there is a lot more that I could be gathering from them than what I am now. I appreciate the info.

+ Reply to Thread