+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What am i doing wrong?

What am i doing wrong?

Hello tankspot id like to ask some advice on what im doing wrong. I have tanked totc 10 and 25, ony 10 and 25 and of course voa 10 and 25..... last night i had my first run at icc and we did 25man i was set up to be the third tank and i was switched out after marrow gar . i was told the reason was that i was taking too much damage now i could be wrong but i did not see the pally healer assigned to me lose less than 3k mana.... hence the reason i wanted to double check if im in the wrong or not

heres my char on armory :http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Rimmjobb

ill be the first to admit im not very geared at only 5k GS but i will say i am not a bad tank and have only lost aggro to the occasional ele shammy or that one rogue that doesnt know how to use tot

please help tankspot...

You are missing enchants on your:

Head
    Cloak
    Boots

You have the wrong enchants on your:

Chest
    Gloves
    Weapon

You are using Rare quality gems in some of your gear when you should have All Epic quality gems.

For the above reasons I would have brought another tank as well. Although your gear dose not accurately tell the story of how good you are at what you do, it does indicate how much effort a person is willing to put for to get a raid slot. At least in the gemming and enchanting department. Missing enchants and sub par gems are a bad mark against you for raiding.

Take a look at this guide: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide , It will give you lots of good information.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

From looking at your armory, i feel you are probably reasonably safe walking into 25ICC.
    However, i did notice a few things that you could definatly work on.

For starters, if you replaced each of those 24 stam gems you have with a +30, you would come out +30 more stam total. Thats equal to a whole gem slot compared to what you have now.

The other thing i noticed is your enchants, or lack of enchants. For your boots i would go with tuskarr's vitality or 22 stamina. 225 armor is available for your cape. Titanium weapon chain, while not a bad starting enchant, is not something i would walk into ICC with. I would find someone to do Blade Ward or Blood Draining. Your helmet doesnt have its stam/defense glyph. I would replace the +hit enchant on your gloves.

I know that may seem like a long list of nit-picking, but those little things add up, and improving them will make you that much less squishy.
    I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Grumdawg View Post
    From looking at your armory, i feel you are probably reasonably safe walking into 25ICC.
    However, i did notice a few things that you could definatly work on.

For starters, if you replaced each of those 24 stam gems you have with a +30, you would come out +30 more stam total. Thats equal to a whole gem slot compared to what you have now.

The other thing i noticed is your enchants, or lack of enchants. For your boots i would go with tuskarr's vitality or 22 stamina. 225 armor is available for your cape. Titanium weapon chain, while not a bad starting enchant, is not something i would walk into ICC with. I would find someone to do Blade Ward or Blood Draining. Your helmet doesnt have its stam/defense glyph. I would replace the +hit enchant on your gloves.

I know that may seem like a long list of nit-picking, but those little things add up, and improving them will make you that much less squishy.
    NO no thats definatley good constructive criticism is after all the most helpfull

+ Reply to Thread