+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a macro to help me with this?

Is there a macro to help me with this?

Is there a macro I can use so that when I activate my tank or dps spec that it will switch me into the proper presence as well. Nothing is more frustrating or embarassing to me than to switch to tank spec, pull the first group and then realize as all the mobs run off that I forgot to activate Frost Presence. Any help with this is REALLY appreciated.

I haven't played my DK for so long so I can't remember if it's on the same GCD as your other abilities. If it isn't this should work.

#showtooltip
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast Frost Presence

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by lawman30 View Post
    Is there a macro I can use so that when I activate my tank or dps spec that it will switch me into the proper presence as well. Nothing is more frustrating or embarassing to me than to switch to tank spec, pull the first group and then realize as all the mobs run off that I forgot to activate Frost Presence. Any help with this is REALLY appreciated.
    I do not believe what you are asking for is functionally possible in a single macro.

Switching specs has a delay, it takes time to switch specs. You can not however put a delay on a secure function like /cast (/use). You can not write a macro that would do something like...

/run SetActiveTalentGroup(1);
    /in 10 /cast Frost Presence

Functionally that won't work because you can't delay a PROTECTED method like a casting of a spell such as a stance switch.

You could for example do something like it in two macros.

/run SetActiveTalentGroup(1);

and

Code:
    /cast Frost Presence
    /equipset Tank
    However if you do it in two macros there is no point really to macroing the toggle of your specs anyway.

Note:
    SetActiveTalentGroup, I am not sure how this API call functions as I've never used it before but I believe that syntax was correct.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Activating Frost Presence also uses a Frost Rune so be wary of changing in the middle of something. Just make sure that the first thing you do before anything else after you switch specs is to turn on your presence.

+ Reply to Thread