+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threat Generation/Degeneration DPS Options

Threat Generation/Degeneration DPS Options

I just joined a new casual raiding guild, we're doing ICC 10 and just down Saurfang last week. I was brought in for Arms dps specifically and to help tank the eventual 25 man raids since all our other tanks are pallies.

I'm just about at the hard cap for ArPen and I'm running into the issue where I'm riding the tanks' butts. I'm concerned that once my gear improves I'll basically have to start deequipping my weapon. Now I'm wondering if there are any steps (other than going fury/cutting my rotation short, those are obvious but don't really solve my problem) that we as a group might be able to do to make the threat gap a little bigger. I'm considering asking one of our hunters to maybe train up a worm pet to take off the sundering threat, but I'm not sure if that would make a big dent in his own damage that would outweigh the benefits.

I'll probably end up getting subtlety to cloak since every little bit counts, but I still wonder if there are any common stumbling blocks pally tanks might fall in to that if corrected would increase their TPS, I only really know about warrior tanking and TPS, but I do know that my threat isn't as big of an issue with many other tanks.

Any help or suggestions/insights would be appreciated.

You may have to go fury if the tanks dont improve as they get an aggro reducing stance, i know you dont wanna, but you may not have a choice unless you wanna stand around not doing damage (if the following dont help). Also ride the rogues/hunters asses to make them do MD/tricks on tanks.

Make friends with a paladin to get salvs often, or a bop if you did the dirty. If its a warrior tank, help him out by saying you will demo for him and sunder up the boss too so he can get 5 point deva asap. Tell the pala tank to start with wings, im guessing he isnt so that he can save his cd for pala shield wall.

There are a lot of people doing something wrong if you are catching an equally geared tank's threat. As said, MDs and ToTs are probably not being utilized, same for salv. If the tank IS getting those things, send them here so they stop sucking. I would not respec since it is not a problem of your making, and would point out the real issues.

I went ahead and looked at your guild. If "Guauld" (especially) or "Jolyle" are your tanks, it's probably their issues. Either of them could at least be contributing to your problem. Send them here to get fixed.

Agreed checking Guauld's armoury he may be the issue here but you are going to have a very hard time telling him this, no1 hes higer ranked than you in guild and No2 hes gemming strenth, parry and hit and has specced in to reckoning instead of more crit so as far hes concerned hes done everything he can to maximize his threat (although he hasnt, but from his spec and gemming i can tell straight away hows he thinking).

Well, hopefully a reference to this forum wouldn't be terribly insulting (since it is one of the most overall informative wow-based sites out there, especially for tanks)... besides, it's a super-casual guild and he should have no reason to have a major ego attached. Come here, get help, make everyone in the guild happy. Doing things the right way will definitely make for a more fun raiding experience.

Hello, im Fluxx.

My main is a palla tank and currently tanking ICC10 / 25, There are some minor things you can either do your self or let them do it.
    First, I would start asking the Hunter if he does MD and the rogue if he does tricks. Second you can ask the palladin tanks if they have RF on... (just joking). I took a look at a few of your guilds palladins and these are some general thing they can do.

You:
    - Start rushing into the fight 2 seconds later then you normaly do, He whould have more threat above you. I just hate it when warrior charge in just when i casted 1 spell and go threat crazy on the boss and then ask me: Do you have righous fury on? but i think you dont do that

Palladins:
    - Let them get better glyphs: Seal of venguence (spelling?) increases expertise while the seal is active this results in less dodged and parried attacks for your tanks so more threat (and less healing if parry haste is enabled)
    - Changing builds, Putting 5/5 in Benadiction whould not out weight the threat you get from either the crit in the ret tree or the aoe threat you will gain from seal of the pure in the holy tree
    - Let them get reckoning if they are on the hard cap of expertise (56) - Parry haste (again)
    last but not least let them rotate HoS (salvation) on you... i think your like a druid with your bleed effects that they hit for 5 or 7k a tick or such and you cant stop aggro when there up so ask them to give that to you (because they have no use to it)
    - Let them get Hit / stam or Expertise / stam food instead of the fish feast

my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oodles+Factory

Will log out in my prot gear instead of my crap holy gear.

Kind regards,
    Fluxx
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

+ Reply to Thread