+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any advice for an advance tank that seems to be floundering now?

Any advice for an advance tank that seems to be floundering now?

So for some reason I seem to be floundering in the latter ICC content. I'm having trouble threat wise some. I use to be able to hold of threat well, now it seems like everyone is catching me quickly. I know there may be other post for this and I've looked but I just cannot seem to track them down. So I thought I would askfor a little advice or any pointers.

One particular place I'm having trouble with is targeting the ghouls and getting them to come to me on LK 25 man. I use the Target bars to make getting them easier I'm to the point where I'm actually considering a macro. When I get them targeted I taunt them and even shield throw but they don;t always come over. Sometimes They'll start over only to turn back into the fray with the LK.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uard&cn=Farday

My Armory link ^

Have your hunters MD the Horrors too you, this will make it a lot easier to deal with things, also change your hybrid parry/stam gems to agi/stam gems. Idk much about pally rotations/threat so i can't help you with that.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i get this when i visit your armory
    ----
    File Not Found
    This character profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons:
    • The character has been inactive for an extended period of time.
    • The character name was spelled incorrectly.
    • The profile is temporarily unavailable while the character is in the midst of a process such as a realm transfer or faction change.
    • Characters that have been deleted are no longer available on the Armory.
    ---

Anyway take a look at the post i made in an other topic while i will check later on your armory: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...on-DPS-Options
    This might inculde some usefull tips.

Kind regards,
    Fluxx
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

I just clicked the link and it seems to be working fine.

Yes it works now .

Well only advise im able to give you is have your hand of salvation on your Warrior or mage or pally that do not wield any threat shifting abilities. As you are mostly raiding 25m i would think you have 4 or 5 palladins in your raid so make a CD rotation for that. And the best thing to do is to is making sure your hunters / rogues use the MD or tricks on you in that phase and attack the target instead of just MDing and keeping on the LK the dps. Also have your 3 target taunt active, ex. You taunt 3 targets every 30 seconds that way the DR does not get effected on the LK so your main tank can quickly taunt off LK if you taunt it with your 3 mob taunt (atleast this is what we use). Also minor tip get a better tanking weapon :P (ex. Puitricide Expertise tank weapon).
    i cant give you more advise then this because our guild is still strugleing on 10m LK and not even close to the 25m version.

Kind regards,
    Fluxxy

(PS: what class is tanking the LK ?)

Typically our Warrior or Druid tank is taking the LK. As for the Tanking Weapon, yea I know. I'm trying but so far nothing has dropped and it was suggested I use the DPS sword cause my Def was way high. close to if not 585.

LK always summons Shambling Horrors about 15-20 yards in front of where he is currently facing, your LK tank should be facing LK towards you when he's spawning a Shambler. Your hunters should also MD them to you to make sure they get there.

Picking up drudge ghouls can be a PITA, warriors/dks/rets pull threat on them with the AOE abilities that are in their normal single target rotations. Taunt does two things, focuses the mob on you and puts you at equal threat to the person that currently has aggro on it. Taunt also "fixates" the mob on your for six seconds so it won't turn away regardless of threat, but the six second fixate isn't always enough time for them to get close enough so you can hit them. When looking for a ghoul to taunt over to you, don't pick the "fresh" ones, grab ghouls that are about half way dead. If you pick a "fresh" on to taunt and it only has 10K theat, the next AOE move that warrior/DK/ret does will easily add another 10K overcoming the threat you gained by taunting and pulling it right back. If you pick on that's half dead, there is probably a large amount of threat on it, your taunt will gain you all that threat and the dk/warrior/ret won't be able to overcome the 110% threat mark to pull it back.

As far as general threat issues, your spec looks fine, but your in ret gear ATM so I can't comment on that.

Well defence increases your avoidance, So that will reduce mana cost of healers on you by a *verry* small amount but every little thing helps. For the tanking classes im not really know to the rotations but looking at the abilitys the warrior will use a frontal cone attack when it is off cd so might want to go into dancing for this one if this is the real probblem. Have him turn (just a bit) the LK after he summoned ghouls and then let him go on with his normal rotation for like 3 or 5 seconds so you have no extra tank threat on the mobs because some AoE from classes is allready a pain let alone a tank that builds treat on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    LK always summons Shambling Horrors about 15-20 yards in front of where he is currently facing, your LK tank should be facing LK towards you when he's spawning a Shambler. Your hunters should also MD them to you to make sure they get there.

Picking up drudge ghouls can be a PITA, warriors/dks/rets pull threat on them with the AOE abilities that are in their normal single target rotations. Taunt does two things, focuses the mob on you and puts you at equal threat to the person that currently has aggro on it. Taunt also "fixates" the mob on your for six seconds so it won't turn away regardless of threat, but the six second fixate isn't always enough time for them to get close enough so you can hit them. When looking for a ghoul to taunt over to you, don't pick the "fresh" ones, grab ghouls that are about half way dead. If you pick a "fresh" on to taunt and it only has 10K theat, the next AOE move that warrior/DK/ret does will easily add another 10K overcoming the threat you gained by taunting and pulling it right back. If you pick on that's half dead, there is probably a large amount of threat on it, your taunt will gain you all that threat and the dk/warrior/ret won't be able to overcome the 110% threat mark to pull it back.

As far as general threat issues, your spec looks fine, but your in ret gear ATM so I can't comment on that.
    Yea. I try not to log out in my Ret / PvP gear but I don't always remember. If you want to look back I should be in my tank gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxx View Post
    Well defence increases your avoidance, So that will reduce mana cost of healers on you by a *verry* small amount but every little thing helps.
    You may take (a bit) less damage, but your healers are probably still going to be casting the same numbers of heals on you regardless. As long as you can get a DPS weapon with a healthy amount of STAM on it - it probably wouldn't hurt to switch until you get something better. Essentially you're trading off a little RNG based survivability for survivability via DPS pwnage (meaning if they are dead, they can't kill you).

This is coming a little late, I should't look at old posts.

+ Reply to Thread