+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Player Burnout

I am shut. :P

I LIKE HIS SHIRT BTW. It's awesome. I'm serious btw. btw, this message is not 'bout "BTW" shit. Perhaps, btw, you'll like his shirt if YOU'D BUY A SCOOTER.

OMG!! Someone please call the Fashion Police!!

Alienas WM022 worked fine, Lore. Your 021 and 022 does not, however the ones before that, like I have said before, still work fine.
    http://pastebin.com/aQR5tJdx

As you can see from this paste, Aliena uses the DivX audio v2 codec for her audio, but you are using the Windows Media Audio 10 Professional codec, which is not supported on 64-bit Linux systems.

Opened up #19 and #22 in GSpot. Both are using the same codec (WMA v2).
    Last edited by Lore; 03-29-2010 at 02:50 AM.

WM018: "Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))". (works)
    WM019: "Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))". (works)
    SC001: "Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))". (works)
    WM020: "Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))". (works)
    WM021: "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x162." (does not work)
    WM022: "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x162." (does not work)
    WM022Aliena: "Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))". (works)

I'm not sure what other details I can give other than what I posted at http://pastebin.com/aQR5tJdx

Hrm. I haven't changed any render settings, and gspot is showing 022 as 0x161 (which is the DivX codec) for me.

I tried running it as
    $*mplayer -ac +ffwmav2 WM022.wmv
    which forces mplayer to use the ffwmav2 audio codec to decode the audio stream no matter what it detects it to be, and the result was just garbage coming out of the headphones.

I don't know what GSpot is, but I googled it and tried running it under WINE, and it crashed immediately on startup.

I tried the videos in the videolan client now, and it can't play them either, saying:
    [0x7f6f5400a878] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `wmap'
    VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
    Type: audio
    Codec: wmap
    Channels: 2
    Sample rate: 44100 Hz
    Bits per sample: 24
    Bitrate: 440 kb/s

However, for the videos that do work (WM018, specifically, I didn't test the others), it says:
    Type: audio
    Codec: wma2
    Channels: Stereo
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Bits per sample: 16

Sorta looks like one of the shirts Michael Cera wears in Arrested Development... http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/id...hael_bluth.jpg
    In fact, Lore sorta looks like Michael Cera because of this!

Lore:

I enjoyed this marmot as I myself just recently had to step down because of burnout. What I would have liked to hear though was how do you (as a guild leader/raid leader) deal with it when that person might want to come back at some point? Do you make them reapp? I have been desperately trying to get back into the "want" of raiding but am finding it hard to do so. Our guild never got a night off (though we only raided 3 nights 25 mans 1-2 nights 10 mans). How do you get out of burnout mode when you know you like the game.. but aren't enjoying certain aspects of it?

sit down with your guild members/raid members, and see if others are feeling the same, possibly readjust the raid schedule (our 10 mans at night are starting to get burnt out as well and we're considering cutting back on raid nights since we can clear most of ICC fast anyways). Also, try playing other things, step down from raiding and re-app later (it's how my guild does it, if people stop raiding they get moved to member status and if they want to raid again, they re-app like everyone else).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

it almost appeared that there was a Max Headroom theme to this episode.

1) The Shirt
    2) The constant transitions
    3) The most important Max Factor......3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3...3

+ Reply to Thread