+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.3.3 Warrior tank rotation question

3.3.3 Warrior tank rotation question

Hey all,
    from perusing various forums, the threat rotation i always used was
    SS > Rev > Concussion Blow > Shockwave > Devastate (and of course HS when you have the rage, thunderclap/DemoShout to keep on the boss). But I haven't seen an updated rotation.

but I'm wondering, now with the higher t9.5-t10.5 weapons and with the glyph of devastate is Concussion blow on CD still necessary for single target threat? or will we be better off using devastate for the GCD?

The same goes for shockwave. Is shockwave also still necessary for a single target? With the 2 piece t10 it's had its damage boosted by 20%, would this lead to a greater threat/GCD than dev?

With an ICC weapon, Devastate will do more threat, Shockwave will do more damage, and conc blow is there if you need to stun something.

Mmmm.
    Well For a while Rev was out of the rotation. (But now it's back, yay!)
    I beleive CB provides less threat then devastate, glyphed.
    So I'm pretty sure its
    SS > Rev > SW > Dev

As threat hasn't been an issue, I removed CB from my rotation once the damage was nerfed. My Priority list will be SS-Rev-SW-Dev. With Revenges newfound damage I'm wondering if it causes more threat than Shield Slam, although with the buff to SS's threat last patch I'm not sure if it'll hold up. Either way I'll still use SS first for the possible refresh from Revenge.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I swear to god we drop revenge for a month and EVERYONE gets amnesia and forgets what we did ONE patch ago. (not necessarily directed at the OP, there's just like 6 threads about this atm).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

For serious, as for my ponderings it sounds like Revenge is hitting about as hard as a Shield Blocked SS so SS still wins out on the threat.

Agg's tanking guide

don't forget that shield slam had a 30% threat modifier added to it in 3.3.2, so even if they're hitting for about the same, shield slam will still be more threat.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

That's wut I sed yo!

Agg's tanking guide

Sword and board is a good enough reason to scrap shockwave from the rotation for single target

for Max TPS the priority is SS>Rev>Dev except for the 3rd GCD after a Shield slam when the priority is something like SS>SW>Rev>Conc>dev, though the threat difference is minimal and you're prolly best off using the 3rd GCD for utility like a demo or TC refresh and saving the stuns for, well, stunning.

Nice necro there, but to repeat:

Normally SS/Rev>Dev.
    For 3rd GCD after Shield Slam, it's Demo/TC>SS/Rev>SW/Dev>CB

Notes:
    * SS vs Rev: mostly depends on the block value of your shield and your total AP buffs.
    * SW vs CB: Conc Blow does the same threat but for only half the damage. On top of that it is a melee ability while Shockwave is considered ranged, which means no dodged,parried and blocked SW.
    * SW vs Dev: depends on your weapon and expertise/hit.

And in case you're wondering: That's with the Dev glyph, as always, because it is by far the best threat buff you can get (~5% total extra)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Weaving in Shockwave is between a 10-12% TPS increase, so it is worth it--but only if it's used on the 3rd GCD following a Shield Slam and not messing up with your SnB rotation at all.

See my recent post here if you are curious why this is:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...834#post441834
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I think it is

+ Reply to Thread