+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps Help

Dps Help

Hello I just wanted to check that I was using the right gear, gems and enchants. My rotation is fine but I'm only doing around 3.5k dps. Which I'm sure should be higher. Can anyone help me out please.

Armory

Moved to the Halp! forums.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Not sure if you were after help for afflic or destro or both?

Destro please

A couple things pop out for me.

This is a fairly standard destro spec. Yours doesn't differ from it much, but here's why I think it would work out better for you:

Demonic power 2/2 Makes your imp do a bit more damage, but also increases the number of times you'll get the 100% critical hit buff from your imp (more imp attacks = more chances for imp to crit)

Suppression 3/3 would bring you much closer to the spell hit cap. If you know for certain you will be running with a spriest or boomkin giving +3% spell hit, you can trim suppression down to 1/3. If you have been raiding without someone providing +3% spell hit, that could account for a fair chunk of your DPS. Note though that with no misery/imp FF, you need to find another .5% hit or so to fully cap even with suppression 3/3.

Demonic Aegis 3/3 only provides a small boost to your spell power when you turn fel armor on, but it's still a boost.

There's some slack in the spec I linked, though. You can take out shadowfury (although I find it has some nice PvE utility) and you can optionally shift the 2 points in Demonic Embrace to Improved Healthstone if you like that utility more than the extra stamina.

I know you said your rotation is fine, but having 5/5 in improved corruption has me wondering if you are doing something different rotation-wise.

The standard spell rotation (that I am aware of) is:

CoE -or- CoD -> Immolate -> Conflagrate -> Chaos Bolt -> Incinerate X times (X depends on your haste)

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Bashal; 03-24-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Thank you it helps a lot

Glad to hear it. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread