+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can I tank H Hor ?

can I tank H Hor ?

here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Llane&cn=Venur

Even with 42khp buffed I simply die instant soemtimes during a wave. Boss fight are just plain easy but even with competant healer it seem like I just die witin a sec sometimes.

I'd be upgrading your boots, trinks and your rings asap, but apart from that your gear should easily be good enough for HoR H. I tank it with less.
    Last edited by Metasynaptic; 03-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.

I'd say the most common reason for a sudden tank death during the waves in HoR is having mobs behind you so pay special attention to it. Having the mage CC'd by someone also helps a great deal. I have seen warrior tanks with 33k buffed hp do it with not many problems so your health is not an issue I believe. Tell ppl to skip the AoE attacks there can also help since it will reduce the risk of losing mobs and also get if everyone knows the attcks order also drop the more dangerous mobs quicker.

i tank hor hc with 44k buffed all the time but as said above id try an get the 245 tankin rings from emblems and pick up black heart from toc 5 norm to replace the dodge trink asap

i think hor hc is really quite an art when it comes to tanking, cc'ing mage does make a massive differance and making sure people are focusing fire on the priest and mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    I'd say the most common reason for a sudden tank death during the waves in HoR is having mobs behind you so pay special attention to it. Having the mage CC'd by someone also helps a great deal. I have seen warrior tanks with 33k buffed hp do it with not many problems so your health is not an issue I believe. Tell ppl to skip the AoE attacks there can also help since it will reduce the risk of losing mobs and also get if everyone knows the attcks order also drop the more dangerous mobs quicker.

It might be that I had mobs on my back. Well actualy I do hope it is the reason why we wiped cuz I have also seen prot pala tanked H HoR. But it seems like that DK just got shafted in ICC. No block just suck bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    It might be that I had mobs on my back. Well actualy I do hope it is the reason why we wiped cuz I have also seen prot pala tanked H HoR. But it seems like that DK just got shafted in ICC. No block just suck bad.
    Stop the QQ .. Its not the block that makes it easier for the pally its the fact they have holy wrath stuns all undead (guess what they are all undead being spirits ) and gives them time to recover. They can also cleanse the poison from the mecenary.

You are a DK you have specials as well USE THEM.

What is most likely killing you is getting shadow stepped and then kidney shot by the mercenary

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=38177#abilities

Getting stunned is a life threatening thing at start of wave.

So concentrate on your order priest > mercenary > mage > everything else

The only reason the priest rates higher is it fears and heals.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Assuming you're tanking in the side cubbies, once you get aggro on the mobs if you put your back right against the wall, the Shadowy Mercenary can't get behind you. That might help you.

I like this tip so much. So simple.

Pro-tip:
    use CC

Tell that paladin that he has repentance for a reason.
    Tell that paladin that he can fear undeads
    The hunter should be able to trap.
    The priest should be able to shackle.

That makes the gauntlet way more managable.

Oh, and dont tank in the sides. Tank it in the middle for a better overview of what is going on.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

+ Reply to Thread