+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some opinions about my prot set

Need some opinions about my prot set

Hello,
    Just wanted to get some constructive criticism on my gear. I am at a crossroads right now with frost emblems where I could start getting my ilvl 251 T10 pieces. Do you guys have any advice on my conundrum or any other things to nit pick on?

One last thing, the mace from Marrowgar 10 refuses to drop for my guild, is my weapon good enough or would it be a good idea to grab it since it is slightly slower at 1.7 speed?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...52&cn=Swifttee
    Chestypuller 80 DK|Mechanism 80 Warrior|Popejonpaul 80 Priest

As far as gemming/enchanting goes, I'd probably hit the +9 stam bonus in your belt with a 10agi/15stam gem in the red socket and change the shield enchant to 18 stam, but other than that your gemming/enchanting looks flawless to me.

As far as gearing goes, I would start working towards the 2pc bonus and getting that in the helm/shoulders, but really you're going to just be gaining the 2pc bonus, the difference in stats is negligible if not a downgrade from what you have if you are using 264 gear. It looks like you've bought everything you can with frost emblems, maybe start selling orbs if you're not going for T10? lol. The T10277 gear is very good, so if you will have access to that then it may be worth it to start collecting, especially if you don't need money.

Your armory looks pretty solid to me though, keep up the good work

Oh one more thing, switch out harbinger's band with clutch of fortitude or (if you have it) H-Band of the Twin Valks. Both of those, especially the H-BotTV are actually more physical EHP than the harbinger ring. For LDW and Sindragosa probably put on Harbinger's, but otherwise it's really a pretty terrible ring.

The only other upgrades you can get are raid drops so... ya, kudos to you, and your weapon is fine. Rock on and go destroy some content!
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

First, nice pose in your armory.

Second, your expertise is only 20. It needs to be 26 for the cap.

Third, replace your glove enchant to stamina or expertise. You gemmed Agility in your helm? Replace with a expertise/stamina or gem.

Other than that your gear is pretty good. You got very lucky with all you ilvl264 drops. Save your frost marks untill you get a armor mark so you can instantly go to tier ilvl264 gear. Go for only the 2 set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by crashxdjp View Post

Third, replace your glove enchant to stamina or expertise. You gemmed Agility in your helm? Replace with a expertise/stamina or gem.

Other than that your gear is pretty good. You got very lucky with all you ilvl264 drops. Save your frost marks untill you get a armor mark so you can instantly go to tier ilvl264 gear. Go for only the 2 set bonus.
    The expertise softcap is by no means a requirement, especially for progression. As long as threat is fine max mitigation/EH should be the goal.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I missed the glove enchant, so good point there, but everything else you said is wrong.

1st) Paladins get glyph of seal of vengeance which gives them an extra 10 expertise, therefore our lovely paladin friend here actually has 30 expertise.
    2nd) Due to this expertise is not nearly as important for pallies, also some of their abilities can't be dodged or parried anyways iirc.
    3rd) Agi is better for pallies than it is for warriors, they get better coefficients from it (both more crit and more dodge) so if you are using a hybrid gem gem agi, it is good
    4th) If this person has access to 277 gear, then eventually going for the 4 set is not a bad idea, otherwise yes go for the 2 set if you go for it at all, the badge gear is better than the T10 chest/gloves
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Actually, my expertise is at 30 when self buffed because of glyph of vengeance adding 10 expertise skill (not rating). The agility gem was the next obvious choice for my helm because I am expertise and hit capped. Thanks for keeping me honest though. I suppose I could change around the shield and glove enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I missed the glove enchant, so good point there, but everything else you said is wrong.

1st) Paladins get glyph of seal of vengeance which gives them an extra 10 expertise, therefore our lovely paladin friend here actually has 30 expertise.
    2nd) Due to this expertise is not nearly as important for pallies, also some of their abilities can't be dodged or parried anyways iirc.
    3rd) Agi is better for pallies than it is for warriors, they get better coefficients from it (both more crit and more dodge) so if you are using a hybrid gem gem agi, it is good
    4th) If this person has access to 277 gear, then eventually going for the 4 set is not a bad idea, otherwise yes go for the 2 set if you go for it at all, the badge gear is better than the T10 chest/gloves
    Sorry you posted before I could reply hehe.

I will likely not have access to the 277 pieces as my guild is just 10/12 in 10 man and 5/12 in 25's. I guess I just made this post cause I wasnt sure if the emblem gear was better than the T10 264 equivalent. In my 5 years with this game I have never gotten to a point where my only real upgrades would come from raids I guess heh. Maybe I should just relax, enjoy the content and sell saronite's like you suggested. Definitely could use some extra gold for Cataclysm.

+ Reply to Thread