+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to change to be ready for ICC 10 (DK tank)

What to change to be ready for ICC 10 (DK tank)

Hey,

Was just wondering what upgrades can i make to be ready to tank icc 10 ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...39;Akir&cn=Sjk

Cheers

Strongly recommend you get Glyph of Indominability and spend your frost badges on +armor gear.

Edit: you missed a belt buckle according to the Armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosk View Post
    Strongly recommend you get Glyph of Indominability and spend your frost badges on +armor gear.

Edit: you missed a belt buckle according to the Armory.

Hey - Any reason for that over mine atm?

also yeah just got belt about to buckle it up

Quote Originally Posted by Sjk View Post
    Hey - Any reason for that over mine atm?
    I was one of those guys whose healers said they couldn't keep me alive on Festergut, yet they had no issues with my less well geared pally alt. I stacked on the armor and double potted Inestructibles and then they said it was fine. DKs do take alot more damage than other tanks, I prioritised +armor gear (as recommended by DKs who were not finding ICC much of an issue) adding about 5% physical mitigation and that seemed to do the trick.

I still take plenty more damage but when I play right I get decent hps figures.

Edit: Also the Glyph is a fairly decent OSB when you are chaining cooldowns, maybe that is just me pining for Moroes' Pocketwatch

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions.

First I think that the Fossilized Ammonite Choker from HoR would be a good neck upgrade.

Second, Some Emblem of Triumph items that will help you are Glyph of Idomitability, Sigil of Insolence, and Shoulderguards of Enduring Order.

Third, focus on getting the Corroded Skeleton Key, Sentinel's Winter Cloak. Those will be the largest upgrade for you. As Bosk said, if you're having issues with suvivability get the +armor gear.

Finally, leveling enchanting so you can use your ring enchants. No reason to have a tradeskill like this and not use it to your advantage.

Thanks a lot all

Wow, no one mentioned the frost belt yet? AFAIK it's still best in slot at elast for EHP, and it's fairly easy to get. And a major inmprovement from your shieldwarder.

Frost badge cloak, then frost badge belt, HoR-H neck, and get the Triumph glyph trink. I'd probably keep the black heart, but hold onto the other trink for encounter specific fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhot View Post
    I'd like to make a couple of suggestions.

Third, focus on getting the Corroded Skeleton Key, Sentinel's Winter Cloak. Those will be the largest upgrade for you. As Bosk said, if you're having issues with suvivability get the +armor gear.

Finally, leveling enchanting so you can use your ring enchants. No reason to have a tradeskill like this and not use it to your advantage.
    Get the EoF belt and cloak and possible another t10 piece for the 2-piece bonus before you get that trinket. Your stamina is fine. The skeleton key is a huge amount of stamina, but not really anything else.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

+ Reply to Thread