+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm terribad at tanking with my Frost Death Knight.

I'm terribad at tanking with my Frost Death Knight.

Some people say that DKs suck at tanking up until they're level 80, when they get all of their needed specs for tanking. Until then, they suck. I've seen some DKs tank at level 70 and not have any mob out of wack, but..

-Whenever a mage AoEs his/her bong off, the mobs attack the mage and I can't CC because of runes. Healer heals the mage. Mobs see the healer healing the mages and attack the healer.

-I can't run UK without getting bashed by Keleseth, I'm too damn squishy.

I know that there's something that I'm doing wrong, so please, tell me.

You can look up my DK on the armory.

Asqueroso, Level 71, Emerald Dream.

Yes, I know it means disgusting..

Quote Originally Posted by /mu/tant View Post
    Some people say that DKs suck at tanking up until they're level 80, when they get all of their needed specs for tanking. Until then, they suck. I've seen some DKs tank at level 70 and not have any mob out of wack, but..

-Whenever a mage AoEs his/her bong off, the mobs attack the mage and I can't CC because of runes. Healer heals the mage. Mobs see the healer healing the mages and attack the healer.

-I can't run UK without getting bashed by Keleseth, I'm too damn squishy.

I know that there's something that I'm doing wrong, so please, tell me.

You can look up my DK on the armory.

Asqueroso, Level 71, Emerald Dream.

Yes, I know it means disgusting..
    My DK was pretty soft till I crafted this pseudo-set for myself: http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.4&fi...42;crs=1;crv=0

Frost threat is pretty easy I found. I glyphed Howling Blast and use a single-disease rotation. Open with Deathchill-Howling Blast, Obliterate, 2x Blood boils, Blood tap followed by another blood boil and use Procs as they pop up... I don't use Dnd much at all, its rune cost just feels far to prohibiting. It's probably not the ideal method come 80, but I found it to work very well for tanking instances while leveling. I pretty much only level my DK when I'm exceedingly bored, for some reason I don't find the class as captivating as I find the other three tanking classes. Use Stoneskin Gargoyle Rune when you get it. Don't forget to use your cooldowns when necessary.

Oh and uhm, don't forget to Switch to Frost presence.

+ Reply to Thread