+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble to keep this up

Having trouble to keep this up

I'd like to ask here on this forum for suggestions and information.

Because i've made my own guild now and I want it to be a good progression guild.
    But there are several members leaving the realm or leaving the guild with weak excusses.
    The we also got trouble recruiting the right members that atleast show up and put in effort but why?

Did you guys have problems with this too before and if so how did you solve this?

What do you do against members that don't show up or tend to read up on tactics and not willing to show effort?

Because I really want to make this work as I've made a guild bank and filled it up completely by myself already it just needs the members to pull it off.

First night ICC10 oneshotted 7 bosses in 2.2 hours. which seems nice to me, might be weak to you all but its good for what I got.

So any tips regarding recruiting or anything else to make this work will be very welcome.

regards,

~instaq

Its the end of the expansion and summer is coming so there will be people leaving the game for a break or for good. Also because of this recruitment is hard right now.

All you can do is stick to your core values and demote people (if you use a raider rank) if they are not showing up or not coming prepared, or just kick them out of the guild if you only allow raiding members to stay.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Alright, But yeah demoting them pushes them to leave as I had 1 person leaving because he got demoted.

So and what would be a good message to spam around to get good members.

Quote Originally Posted by InstaQ View Post
    Alright, But yeah demoting them pushes them to leave as I had 1 person leaving because he got demoted.

Don't. If you have been using Trade or the Guild Recruitment channel that's half your problem right there.

You should put out recruitment posts on the official wow forums for your faction and realm. Also there are at least 8 websites you can list your guild on.

If you don't have a guild website, get one. Put an application on there for people to fill out. List your rules and policies. Let people shopping for a guild know what you guys are all about.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

First night, new raid guild, and you one shot 7 bosses? That's a stacked guild there! I wouldn't complain about that at all. :-)

Members will come and go. Core members who believe in what you want to accomplish will stay and make your guild what you want it to be. Focus on them and try to find the other diamonds in amongst the group of casual players that don't seem to really care as a whole.

Grow the Core, Develop the Middle, and Hope for the best from the rest!

Good luck!

Alright seems like fair plan, I just really hope members will come by day and day.

I'm posting on the wow-europe.com forums, and website + trade.
    Also giving the members slack on pots,flasks,food,fishfeast if you would see our guild bank then you would say we are prolly one of those wealthy guild banks right to give members slack.

would even show you a pic hehe as I'm quite happy about that i've done this in 3 days.

Look at it this way.

That person was demoted because he didn't show up. What did you lose when he left the guild? A name in the guild list that didn't do the effort for your guild raids. And if a player choses to leave because heshe did not fulfill the requirment for a raider rank (ie. their own fault) then it's most likely a player you don't want to have in your guild in the long run anways.

To summarize, don't be scared of demoting players. Be happy that they leave so you don't have to do the work of removing them and explaining why.
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

alright, didn't look at it as that.

but really seems like a nice idea and way of seeing it. thanks for the feedback and information.

You ask how to keep it up? Just keep pushing, our guild has 7 core raiders and we tend to get floaters on the other three spots. This by no means is the optimal way to progress but it is what it is. That said if I could take my team to 7/12 on the first night, every night then I would be a happy camper. So just keep pushing and reward those that work hard for the raid.

What do you do against members that don't show up or tend to read up on tactics and not willing to show effort?
    I'd remove them from the guild and find new ppl who does put some effort in it :P But ye my guild is pushing rather hard (Our first raiding week we brought LK to 17% wich is 7% from a kill) and i've got zero tolerance for slacking.
    And as you said in some other post that you demoted someone. Me myself never found that method useful..ppl get pissed and leaves or they realize they don't fulfill what you require as someone mentioned. Better tell them to shape up or start writing an apply to another guild. ^^

unfortunate it felt apart, cause this realm that 'm playing on people don't dare to join a fresh guild but prefer to aim for the highest out there even knowing they get rejected anyways.

Also had lots of people that don't understand there class which I really find interesting at lvl 80...
    I mean its not had to read up and try couple of things and then do your best in a 10 or 25 man raid with that information.

But now we merged with another guild that exists for over 3 years which seems nice, there @ sindragosa 25 man and i'll see how this works out, if it fails again then I might take a small break from wow cause it does get me fed up trying over and over again.

+ Reply to Thread