+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having Props with TOGC, but not icc. 25 man.

Having Props with TOGC, but not icc. 25 man.

Hey all, only posted here a few times. I never really have issue with my tanking but the last few days a few things have come up, I only just retured to wow but im getting back into the swing of things, tanking usually pretty well.

Today I went into 25 TOGC with a pug, healers looked soiled to me, 5100-5300GS using 6 healers for first fight.
    We used 3 tanks taunting on 2 stacks each. (tanks were me 5300GS, warrior 5800GS and warrior 5900 GS) We all seemed to tank that fine even though we had to pop EVERY cool down we had. In the last I taunted for the last to stacks and I died with in 4 sec. Healers blamed it on me, saying all the tanks were taking to much dmg.

So i got a rez, we moved on to the worms. I went in a the least geard tank, so i was there to back up incase a tank died, 10seconds into Acidmaw the 5900 GS warrior drops and healers blame the warrior, then i take over and I pop all CD's + 3500 amour potion tank him to Acid dies then the tank, tanking Dred die and healers blame the tanm once again. Grp disbands healers crack the shits and everyone is angry at the tanks.

Who fault does this look like?

Yesterday in Icc 25 and 10 I had some trouble with the first 5 pulls, I was usually loseing agro on 1 or 2 mobs out of the pack any advice. My AOE blood rotation is. DnD, IT, PS, Pestil, Blood boil till dnd cd is back up., re drop dnd and repet. Single target: DnD IT, PS, HS X2, DS, DC. Any idea please =)

Please take a look at my spec and gear tell me any impouvments you think i can make. I am going to start working on my Profs as of next week. Im taking BS and JC.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lf&cn=Surcqura

I also have a +128 and a +111 stam trink that i use for some boss's.

Quote Originally Posted by Surcqura View Post
    Today I went into 25 TOGC with a pug, healers looked soiled to me, 5100-5300GS using 6 healers for first fight.
    We used 3 tanks taunting on 2 stacks each. (tanks were me 5300GS, warrior 5800GS and warrior 5900 GS) We all seemed to tank that fine even though we had to pop EVERY cool down we had. In the last I taunted for the last to stacks and I died with in 4 sec. Healers blamed it on me, saying all the tanks were taking to much dmg.
    I see a couple problems without even looking at your link.

1) Its a PuG.
    2) Gear Score tells nothing about how competent a tank is, ie using cool downs correctly which is a huge part of this fight.
    3) Gormok is best tanked by 2 tanks rotating every 3 stacks, with cool downs and x2 pallys using hand of protection (BoP) to clear stacks at the proper times.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I was using my cool cooldowns very well. I am also a very confident and good tank imo. alot of others seem to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Surcqura View Post
    I was using my cool cooldowns very well. I am also a very confident and good tank imo. alot of others seem to think so.
    I was not specifically talking about you. More the other tanks you were working with and the communication you all had as a tank team in a PuG environment.

-Were you using vent for this run?
    -Are you confident the other tanks were using their cool downs at the right time?
    -Did you have paladins clearing the Impale stacks on the tanks near the end with BoP's?
    -Are you confident the healers were not slacking?

All things to consider.

Taking a look at your armory link I see a few things you could improve on.

- Your neck and cloak need to be upgraded.
    - Enchant your cloak with +225 Armor, you have plenty of defense.
    - Enchant your gloves with either +240 Armor or +18 Stamina if you do not have threat issues.
    -The trinkets you currently have (Avoidance) are not optimal for ToC or ICC 10/25. Pick up the Glyph of Indom from Triumph badges and pair it with your highest stamina trinket.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

So basically the problem was that Heroic mode bosses hit really hard? Well yeah, no shit sherlock. Provided you are your co-tanks were not playing very poorly, the healers should just be maning up and dealing with it instead of crying because tank damage is suddenly pushing the limits of what they can handle. People were able to kill H Beasts in much lesser gear than the gear the three of you would have been wearing to score so highly on Gearscore. I don't really get it how people expect to kill a Heroic boss like beasts on the first attempt.

Just a update, We reformed and made a better grp and downfirst boss no probs, then got to lord jax and then meele would not switch and it was GG.....

Good ol pug dps, never switching as it hurts dps.

Simple answer........it was a pug

thankyouverymuch :-)

ps.
    Gear don't mean s@&t IMO
    all the gear no idea players
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I see a couple problems without even looking at your link.

1) Its a PuG.
    2) Gear Score tells nothing about how competent a tank is, ie using cool downs correctly which is a huge part of this fight.
    3) Gormok is best tanked by 2 tanks rotating every 3 stacks, with cool downs and x2 pallys using hand of protection (BoP) to clear stacks at the proper times.
    No? And definately not in a PUG

TOGC 25... PUG....... don't mix well.

+ Reply to Thread